x

“Your square terminal must be in its idle screen to print receipts annoying message after sale

Hello, don’t know if anyone else is getting this annoying message “Your square terminal must be in its idle screen to print receipts” after each transaction. See below link for image of the message:

https://ibb.co/mtv3X6f 

I use Square Restaurant on iPad Air 3 in a square stand 2nd gen. Connected to the stand via USB is an Epson Printer and a Square Reader. Also paired to the system is Square Terminal. 

Typically customer tap on the Square Reader (as it’s faster). Receipts print on the Epson printer. Rarely do we use the Terminal and we’ve disabled receipt printing on Terminal (it’s really for customers who request to see total before paying or they want to insert and type their pin). Our bench is also quite wide so not practical to swivel the stand. 

does anyone know how to resolve this little annoying issue?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Yokoscatering,

Thanks for reaching out to us to flag this, and for including a screenshot of the message you're seeing.

Just to clarify, is this message appearing solely on your iPad's point of sale screen and not simultaneously on your Square Terminal?

If so, I'll hazard a guess that it's likely the expected behaviour if you have connected your Square Terminal to a POS device with receipt printing enabled. 

I'll wait to hear back from you about my earlier question before running this by my team!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi Laurie,

I’ve double checked on the terminal I have Receipts OFF. 

on the iPad as well, under hardware - Square Terminal - Print receipts is also OFF

Regards,

James

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hi @Yokoscatering, just taking over for Laurie here. 

I had a look and found a similar report from another seller. 

Can you go to Settings > Hardware > Printer and enable printing receipts on your Square Terminal? 

Once done, this should allow printing to the connected Terminal.

After doing so, when you click the print button on the screenshot does anything happen or is it just that the notification is there at the bottom?

This information will help us proceed with assessing what's happening here, thank you! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 4 of 5

Hi Breffni,

What i am trying to do is only print via the Epson printer, not the terminal. Everything is working fine except the fact that the annoying message pops up after transaction. I think the message in the screenshot shouldnt pop up as my intention is NOT to print any receipts using the Terminal. 

Message 5 of 5