x

Canada Post vs UPS

Hi

Does anyone know who offers the best rate for Canadian customers, Canada Post or UPS?  I’ve upgraded my account for real-time shipping. I was under the impression the customer could choose which carrier based on cost/delivery speed but it appears there can only be one. Are the UPS discounts significant?

Second question, is it worth the added cost and set up hassle for real-time shipping? I have a shop with many items of various sizes and weights.

thank you kindly for any info 🙂

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @reblyells 😊

You can add multiple carriers for the Real Time Shipping rate under Fulfillment > Shipping. The checkout page will display all of the available rates based on these rules. 

Check out this shipping guide here for additional information. 

Real Time Shipping rates are not designed to be exact. They will get you as close to the actual cost of shipping as possible, though, since the rate is determined by the address, weight, and assigned shipping box.

Note: the checkout page can only calculate one box size per order. The system is designed to give the price based on the largest size box assigned depending on the items in the cart. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, or have trouble setting your rates up. 

Message 2 of 2