x
Beta Member

A "Ask for stock transfer" feature?

Hi, so my buisness work as warehouse(which is also a store but don't matter) with multiple store. 

I would like a store manager to make a purchase order to my warehouse and then the warehouse deliver it totally or with modification. The problem is that the stock doesn't automatically switch from the warehouse to the store as for the purchase order right now. So you have to re-enter it to the transfer stock panel and do the transfer. And then cancel the initial purchase order.

The problem with the transfer stock is that a store manager can't ask for transfer. I don't want the manager to decide completely what i'm gonna send to him. If i want to keep stock at a certain level to my warehouse or limit his stock, i want to be able to do it.

I think the best would be a "ask for transfer" thing instead of a force transfer. The store would ask a second store for transfer, and then the second store would complete the transfer with what he has really sent. So the inventory match in one step.

Here another way to explain my problem that i sent by email to support : 

So i can make a purchase order to my warehouse (as vendor) but it won't be connected to the warehouse inventory. So i would then proceed once again one by one with the items on the purchase order to a stock transfer. After that i would cancel the purchase order. 

What i would want is a "ask for transfer" instead of a transfer. So my stores managers could ask for product to another location. Then the location that is asked for a transfert could transfer it all or what it want by modifying the "asked purchase order". I don't think it would be that complicated. I will see if there is a forum on retail to post the idea.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @SamuelDesgagne1!

Thanks for sharing this feature request. I can see how a 'request transfer stock' would be helpful for employees and managers. 

Perhaps that's something we can incorporate into Square for Retail or Team Management in the future. Thanks again for sharing and I'll be sure to post an update in this thread if I hear anything about this feature request or development. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

The import P.O. could be a solution to transfer stock between location. Instead of a vendor, you could put the source location. It doesn't work as it is. 

https://squareup.com/help/ca/en/article/7656-import-purchase-orders-with-square-for-retail?utm_sourc...

Message 3 of 3