x

Managing variable unit costs

If I have a product that I could potentially get from different vendors, or if one vendor changes their prices, I would need to receive x amount of the same product with different unit costs. How would I do this in Square for Retail?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Josh123,

Thank you for joining the Community.

I'm happy to help, but I'm not sure that I fully understand your question. Can you provide more details so that I can provide you with the most accurate information?

You can also check out these articles on how to Manage Vendors with Square for Retail and Square for Retail: Vendor Sales.

Message 2 of 3

Hi Robyn, Thanks for responding!

Basically, I want to be able to accurately keep track of my unit cost. The issue is what if an item has more than one potential unit cost. For instance, let's say I buy 10 pens for $1 each from vendor A, but then I buy 10 pens from vendor B for $0.50. Or even if Vendor A later has a sale and I buy a certain amount at that temporary price. How do I specify that 10 were one price and 10 were the other price without automatically attributing all 20 to one or the other. 

Does that make sense? I saw I could add a second vendor, but it doesn't seem to really have any effect on anything other than recognizing that there's a second vendor. 

Message 3 of 3