x
Beta Member

Using products in-house or converting item to something else.

I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts or know how to do what I'm trying to accomplish.

We operate an embroidery shop and regularly take (for example) a hat, and embroider on it.

I would like to be able to 'change' a 'Hat' (with it's own sku) to a 'Pre-Embroidered Hat' (with it's own different sku)

Or even some method to stipulate in-house usage so that the primary item gets removed from inventory at least.

Outside of manually adjusting the inventory for each item, I'm unsure of what else I could do to accomplish this.

Preferably through the dashboard.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @TheEmbZoo,

Thanks for reaching out with your question! I have a few questions to ensure I understand your goal correctly.

Are you offering this item for sale both in-store and online? When it comes to the sales process, are customers initially purchasing the hat and then opting for the custom embroidery? In essence, is the goal to track stock levels for the hat, whether it's sold as a standalone item or with the embroidery option?

We'll keep a lookout for your reply here!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

So it's more for internal use as opposed to a customer purchasing a blank hat and opting to get embroidery on it. This is easily accomplished with the options at time of purchase/sale and still takes the hat out of inventory.

The scenario I'm wondering about is something like this:

We will take blank products and embroider them with pre-made designs, with no buyer in mind, just decorated items that our customers can purchase as pre done up designed apparel.

Because it uses the blank hat up that can no longer be sold blank, or offered to be embroidered per customers request it needs to be removed from inventory.

Preferably also added to the inventory of the pre-made item.

I can accomplish this manually, each time it's done.. Go in, do a stock recount and subtract one from the blank, and then go to the pre embroidered item and stock recount that to increase it by one..  But it's tedious, and just wondering if there was a way or method that this should actually be done.

Not sure if that clarifies or confuses, lol

Message 3 of 6

I think I get it @TheEmbZoo!

Following your example, you would like to automatically deduct one blank hat every time you make a pre-embroidered one. Instead of having to manually deduct it from inventory. Sort of an "Item dependency"?

If so, then this would be considered a feature request.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

You can add your feature request here @TheEmbZoo ๐Ÿ™‚ Be sure to add your use case as this makes it easier for our product team to understand how you'd like to see the feature work in your day to day. 

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

More or less, yes, a bit more nuanced that that, but ya. 

I'll keep doing it as I have been and figure a way to put it in as a feature request wherein it's not to specific to my needs but would be useful for multiple business types.

Message 6 of 6