x

Bullet points have disappeared on website even though there in the item description

Hi 

I changed my display set up within square website editor and picked a new grid from the selection. Since then all my items that had bullet points won't show the bullet points in the item description anymore on my website. 

They're all still in the description text of an individual item when I go to edit it in the back office side but they're not displaying on my website. 

I have added a couple of screenshots to show. 

Any ideas please ?Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 08.00.41.png

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 08.01.27.png

Message 1 of 17
Report Inappropriate Content
16 REPLIES 16
Admin

Hi @OTCF 👋 

Which display grid did you pick? I can try to replicate this. 

On my own account, I was able to get the bullet point to appear. 

It looks like the bullet point in your site editor has been pasted in rather than selected within the item settings. 

If you see below my option is highlighted whereas yours isn't: 

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 10.10.22.png

Let me know if you can try again using that button and if not, let me know what display grid it is and I can continue testing. Thanks! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 17

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 10.16.17.pngScreenshot 2023-09-05 at 10.17.12.png

I used (see pic attached) highlighted in red rectangle. With the bullet point it was selected within the item (also highlighted) 🙂

Message 3 of 17
Admin

Thanks for confirming @OTCF - I couldn't replicate this even with the same layout. 

I have raised this with the Square Online team now so I'll let you know one I hear back. 

Breffni
Message 4 of 17
Admin

Sorry for the delay @OTCF

I can confirm that this is a known 'bug' and our team and working on getting it fixed! 

I'll let you know once there's an update. 

Breffni
Message 5 of 17

Any news yet please. At the same time all my discount badges have disappeared too. Like the BOGOF and LIMITED OFFER all are now not showing either. All discounts are still in place but the customer has no clue as the badges have all gone. 

I haven't changed anything or toggled anything off in the item statuses as my sale badges are still showing 🤪 but my discount badges have all gone away 🫣

Message 6 of 17
Admin

No updates on the bullet point query just yet @OTCF - I'll you know as soon as there are - apologies for the inconvenience. 

Are you using a professional plan for Square Online? We have some changes rolling out over the next couple of days which include features and pricing plans so I am going to check if BOFOF, etc. are included in this. 

Breffni
Message 7 of 17

Yes I am on the professional bundle at present runs out early next year

Message 8 of 17

If you're rolling out changes to the plans what does that mean for us that are currently on the professional plan ? I have had a look at the link you entered but it doesn't state anything for customers currently on a plan and what will happen for us ? All I can see is professional plan is not an option anymore 🤷‍♀️

Message 9 of 17
Admin

If you are already on the Professional Plan it should remain unchanged @OTCF -however I know within the Professional Plan Display Badges are no longer included. These are badges you see when products are on sale, running low, or out of stock. I have checked in now to confirm if BOGOF, etc. are included. It may be unrelated so I will let you know when I hear back. 

Breffni
Message 10 of 17

Oh that's a little unfair really when we have a professional plan that had for example (x, y and z) as features because square is having a (features and pricing plan change) you surely can not take away features (x, y and z) when a customer pays for a package because it was part of the professional plan!

Does this mean customer on the professional plan will be reimbursed for all the features they are losing ?

Please can you tell me what else is disappearing from the professional plan ?

Message 11 of 17
Admin

Just coming back to the topic of BOGOF and LIMITED OFFER - this is another issue that our team are working on, unfortunately. 

I will keep track of both of them in this thread and update you on both as I have them! 

They confirmed that as you mentioned, the discount itself is not affected, just the display badge. 

With regard to the Square Online update - can you check your emails to see if you received the communication that was sent regarding the change? I believe it was sent around the 29th of August. @OTCF 

Breffni
Message 12 of 17

Good morning @Breffni  I have checked my emails and I do not have any communication regarding what your describing above. Please can I ask that it be sent again ? Or can I ask where I can access the information that would have been in the communication from August ? 

all I found around that date (and I did check 7 days before and after the date you gave) was (sell subscriptions and create new revenue schemes)

It is vital I see this information asap if it’s happening in a few days from what I could see and find to read I may lose many other features that I paid for within my professional plan including the connection of my domain name. 

Message 13 of 17
Admin

Morning @OTCF and apologies for the confusion! 

In August, we communicated changes regarding free plan features moving to paid plans, as detailed in this article that I linked.

Your professional plan will continue as usual until its next renewal date. This means that you'll still have full access to all of the features on your current plan. Then for the next renewal, you'll be offered the Plus Plan. 

If this is still unclear, I would suggest giving our support team a call directly to speak with a member of the Square Online team - hopefully this helps but I apologise again for confusing you! 

Breffni
Message 14 of 17

Hi @Breffni 

This issue with the discount badge I see it was escalated to support on the 4th October as they contacted me via email and they expressed it had escalated to engineers and would follow up as soon as they hear from them.

I have gone to email for an update on this escalation to see why and when it will be fixed only to be met with a auto reply that states it's been more than 2 weeks since they last heard from me so they closed the case!

I wasn't even asked to reply in the original email from support I was told to sit tight until they got an answer from an engineer. So now it has been closed without my knowledge I still have no discount badges showing so special offers are currently useless to me.

Im trying to make sales on stock that is a food edible product and have use by dates and this whole time there all going to be wasted and end up as lost item of to the bin.

If I had not of emailed for an update I would have been none the wiser that it had been closed and months could have gone by without my knowledge that no one is actually fixing this problem.

How can I get this re-opened please ? this is a big problem to me as its just one of many things within my professional package plan I pay for that is not working thanks

Message 15 of 17
Admin

Hi @OTCF thanks for flagging this. 

Apologies for the confusion. The support ticket closed but the investigations are still ongoing. 

I have notifications enabled for both so that I can update you once there are any updates. I have flagged to the appropriate teams now to try and speed things along. 

Thanks again for bearing with us. 

Breffni
Message 16 of 17

Hi @Breffni 

Thanks for the reply and confirming it is actually still on going. I pray for a speedy fix as I really do not know why it disappeared in the first place.

Message 17 of 17