x

Can I have two different online stores: one in the UK new one in Ireland?

Hi, I have had an online store for the UK past few months. I have opened a second store transferred my products. My issue is that I am unable to change the currency in the new store. 

Can anyone help , please ?

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @Dermot! At this time card processing with Square is only available in the UK - payment processing with Square isn't yet available in the Republic of Ireland, so it's not possible to change the currency of your second (Irish) Square site to Euros.

I hope this helps but if you have any questions about this or if I misunderstood your question please let me know!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 7

Hi Helen. Would I be able to change the Irish store to PayPal ? I have an Irish PayPal account and an Irish bank account ? 

many thanks 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hi @Dermot, I'm just stepping in for @Helen here while she's away!

While you can definitely connect PayPal to your new Online site, because the new store is still connected to your Square account (which was setup in the UK), you won't be able to change the currency and link a Irish account to it. As such, the currency will stay in British Pound.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

so what is the way around this. She’ll I create a new store not linked to my U.K. one and attach PayPal for the Irish website , then also be able to except in Euros ? 
mot is it just a case that I use a different company ? 

Message 5 of 7
Admin

If you still wish to setup the Irish site through Weebly, the best thing to do here would be to create a new account and website directly through Weebly using a different email address. Once you do this, you should be able attach your Irish PayPal account and have the currency set to Euro.

Tra
Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hi @Dermot , hope you are keeping well. I just want to share that card processing with Square is now available in Ireland 🎉! You'll be able to set up a Square Online site in the Republic of Ireland to take payments. 

Tra
Message 7 of 7