x

Cannot search for items on 'Checkout' screen on Register

Hello!

I hope someone will be able to help/advise.

Since last week, on my Square Register, when on the 'Checkout' screen, I have been unable to search for items that don't have a barcode.

In the 'Search All Items' bar, it will let me type in one letter, and then no more. 

I thought maybe it would have sorted itself out but it is still not letting me search as of this week and it's a little inconvenient! 😅

I have no problems typing anywhere else on the register, for example, in the 'Items' page it will let me type in as many characters as I want, but for some reason when I am searching for a product on the 'Checkout' page, it only lets me enter 1 character!?

Any advise would be much appreciated. 😁

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @TT22, thanks for flagging this, that's definitely some odd behaviour coming from the Square Register! 

Are you able to run through the troubleshooting step for the Square Register? These are known to resolve common issues with the Register. 

If those don't resolve the issue, can you please send me a video of you trying to search for your items? I may have to escalate this to our teams to take another look. 

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4

Hi Skyler,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

My register did an update this morning and has thankfully worked fine ever since!?

I'm not sure why it started to do it in the first place, but if it does it again, I will drop you a video!

Many thanks! 😊

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Phew, that's fantastic news @TT22 ! Sounds like a minor bug was affecting the search option. And yes, please do get back to me if you spot any more buggy behaviors coming from your device. Happy to help where I can. 🙂

Message 4 of 4