x

Google Verification Tag not working

Hi all,

I am trying to add my Square Online site to Google Merchant Center. I have got to the stage where I copy my Google Verification HTML tag and pasted it on my site under Settings > Tracking Tools > Google Verification. The little tick symbol appears to the right of the box, indicating that the format of this code is correct. I have then republished the site.

I then have tried to click the verify button on Google, but it comes back with the message "We were unable to connect to your server" every time.

Failing this, I have tried to verify through Google Search Console, which provides me with the same HTML tag to use as Merchant Center. When I click to verify through Search Console, I get the error message "Could not find your site. Please check that you provided the correct URL for your property."

I have checked and the URL I put in is correct. I also went to my site homepage and did a right click to view the page source. From this, I can see that my Google Verification tag is present in the <head> section of the webpage as it should be, so I am at a loss as to why it is not being detected when I try to verify it.

Any help or suggestions to resolve this would be much appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @samueljackson, sorry to hear you are running into this!

Before we dive in, would you mind sharing a link to your website with me? I just want to check that I can see the site myself and if there's anything missing with the Square Online site itself. 

As you've added all the code in the integration tab and the tag is visible in the <head> section of the webpage, I'm not sure why it isn't being verified. It might be something to check in with the Google Merchant Center Support team - they have a contact form available here and also a Help Community.  

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content