x

I tried to edit my DNS as I haven’t got a SSL secure but now my images aren’t showing correctly

Hello,

I tried to edit my dns so I could get a secure SSL connection but now my images are not loading correctly on product pages. 

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Figurati, sorry to hear this! This could potentially be because the website is working to update and correct itself to a secure stage, so there might be some glitches during this time.

I did have a look at the website on my Chrome browser and I was able to see the images as below. Are these different from what you can see in the preview?

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 17.30.10.png

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 17.30.20.png

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Figurati, sorry to hear this! This could potentially be because the website is working to update and correct itself to a secure stage, so there might be some glitches during this time.

I did have a look at the website on my Chrome browser and I was able to see the images as below. Are these different from what you can see in the preview?

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 17.30.10.png

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 17.30.20.png

Tra
Message 2 of 9

Hi Tranguyen,

Thanks for your reply. The website is now back to normal. I unpublished and republished. I’ve just noticed the site is secure now as well so we’re looking good!

thanks again! 

Harri

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

@Figurati Your website isn’t secure according to my browser, might wanna check that 

70550E51-A14E-40D0-A554-8DABB7510A54.jpeg

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

@Figurati @tranguyen 

I agree with MJDPhotography your site is blocked by Firefox on my PC as it says only a HTTP version is avalable!

Message 5 of 9

I’m new to all this so thanks for the replies.

How do I ensure it is secure and accessible on all platforms? 

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

@Figurati 

I'm not sure as I currently use the .square.site address while I prove the concept of an online store. this is HTTPS by default.

It may be a setting from your site host if you are using another provider for your domain?

Message 7 of 9

Hi @SGM1 

I purchased my domain from Weebly / Square and I’m running the account on Pro so it should have the free SSL certificate. I’ve checked a few forums where people have been advised to go to settings and ‘enable ssl’ however I don’t have this option in my settings.

Harri

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Thanks for checking @MJD and @SGM1!

I checked the DNS records for the website on my end and it looks correct, so I'm unsure what might be causing the website to still show up as unsecured. I've reached out to our ECOM team so they can have a further loo into this @Figurati and will follow up once I have more information from the team. 

Tra
Message 9 of 9