x

Square Terminal

Anyone know if it is possible to have the square terminal make a beep when each PIN number is entered. I love the terminal, but my older customers sometimes have trouble entering pins.

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey Tra, for clarity does the talkback feature work from the speaker or only with headphones plugged it? (I thought it was the latter). 

In the same accessibility options, any idea if there's an overlay for the T2 like there is for the pin screen on the reg? 

Pizza Is Chill

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hi there!

To my understanding, this is something super sellers have recently brought up, and put in a feature request for.

Iโ€™m tagging in @isabelle for more information! 

Thanks for your time!

~Matt

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 6
Admin

Hey @gbpo and @MJD, thank you for sharing your feedback! I'm just stepping in for @Isabelle_ for a moment here.

While the feature to have the Terminal make a beep when each PIN number is enter is a feature request, there are some accessibility features currently on the Terminal that might be of help in this case:

• TalkBack: You can use the TalkBack feature to enable your Square Terminal to play audio of what is represented on screen for visually-impaired customers. To enable TalkBack on your Terminal, tap the three horizontal lines > Settings > Accessibility, toggle on TalkBack.
  • Magnification: When you toggle this on, this will magnify everything that's on screen.

I hope these will help somewhat!

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey Tra, for clarity does the talkback feature work from the speaker or only with headphones plugged it? (I thought it was the latter). 

In the same accessibility options, any idea if there's an overlay for the T2 like there is for the pin screen on the reg? 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 6
Admin

You're right @Sam_400ยบ. The talkback feature only works with headphones plugged in. 

I'm waiting to get some info from our Product Team about the overlay option. I'll let you know!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @Sam_400ยบ, I had to double-check this actually. The TalkBack feature does work from the speaker once you've enabled it from the settings, but one thing I forgot to mention yesterday was when TalkBack is on, you'll need to tap everything twice.

In terms of the overlay, would this be the tactile PIN guide by any chance? If so, I don't think we have one like this for the Terminal at the moment but it's something I can share with the team as well. Have you had a chance to use the pin guide? I'd love to hear your feedback about it as well. 

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 6 of 6