x

Urgent new problem with Payments overcharging by 100x (UK)

Hi, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this same problem. With online sales, when the payment gets sent on to the customers bank for verification, it is sometimes trying to take 100x the correct amount, eg £1000 instead of £10!  The customer obviously declines, and we don't make the sale.  This is a brand new problem since yesterday, and only affecting a few orders amongst lots of correctly completed orders. Any ideas?  There's no Square customer service contact on weekends, but this is a pretty urgent issue...

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

So sorry to hear you are running into this @HoJteam

I haven't seen this error before. Is this happening on the Square Online site or are you using Square on a website hosted with Wix, WooCommerce or a different third-party partners?

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4

Hi, this is happening when we sell online.  We have an Ecwid store on Wix, and Square processes the payments from our Ecwid store..  We've now had 5 reports of this happening over the weekend, to different people...

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for all the information @HoJteam! To make sure that the issue is investigate thoroughly, the best thing would be to contact the Ecwid team directly first. This is because while Square integrates with Ecwid to take payments, all API functions are operated and integrated by the Ecwid team so they would be able to help investigate this further.

You can contact their support team directly here

In the meantime, I've reached out to our own Partnership team to see if they have come across an issue like this before as well so I'll be able to follow up on this thread when I have more information as well.

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4