x
Super Seller

Unable to enter telephone numbers into telephone number fields (clients and suppliers)

Hello @tranguyen 

This is an ongoing issue, as we often find it very difficult or impossible to enter client and vendor telephone numbers into the system. We try copy and paste, manual keying, substituting the international prefix using 00 and +; nothing works. 

Is this a known bug? If it is not, please raise it with your product team. Thank you.

Alex Jessey
Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @amjessey, sorry to hear you are running into this! I can definitely have a further look into this here. Are you adding the telephone numbers on the Dashboard or through the app?

I know that usually when adding number, you should be able to add it without any prefix or +, so for a mobile number, you can just add 07xxxxxxxxx or with a landline number, just 02xxxxxxxxx​​​​​​ should let you save. 

I've tested this my account and the above format should definitely let you save without an error. If that doesn't work, would you mind sharing a screenshot with me through private message with a sample number you're trying to save and the error you're getting? 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @amjessey

In terms of copying and paste number, can you let me know if this is happening when you are on your desktop or the app? I've tried it on my end and I'm not seeing an error yet, but maybe I'm missing a step so I want to make sure I can fully replicate the issue. When copying and paste, I try to highlight only 07xxxxxxxxx or 02xxxxxxxxx. Additionally, depending on the way application format the number, when copying and paste it can loose out digits as well so it might be good to also double-check this.

With international formatted number, there are two things:

• For customer directory, the number code defaulted to UK so you'd need to change this to an international code first before entering or pasting the phone number.
  • For vendors, it looks like the phone number field is defaulting to accept only UK numbers at this time. I'm checking with our team now to see how international numbers can be added here. 
Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Hi @tranguyen 

Yes, if we manually key in a UK format number, eg 07XXX XXXXXX or 01XXX XXXXXX it works fine. If we copy and paste a UK formatted number from another application, eg email, then we sometimes run into trouble as it won't paste, so we have to manually key it in. The same occurs with international formatted numbers but the issue is more prevalent. Example, today I entered an Italian formatted number, eg. +39 XXXX XXXXXX and nothing I tried worked, so I had to save the vendor record without a number.  

Alex Jessey
Message 4 of 4