x

Card reader stopping mobile data work

I have an iPad Air with SIM card and a square card reader.

when I pair the reader with my iPad, it causes the mobile data to stop working so I can’t take payments. 

any ideas!?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

What network are you with? 

Does this affect all the mobile date or just within the square app? 

(Strangest one) Do you have adult filtering on with the sim? It’s normally switched on by default 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 4

The sim is Lebara (I think it uses the Vodafone network)

initially all mobile data wasn’t working but now it seems to be working, including when using the square app.

As soon as I Bluetooth the square reader to the ipad though, it knocks the mobile data out. 

will check adult filtering but I don’t believe so. 

Ive updated IOS software on the iPad and I’ve put my own phone sim (Vodafone) in the iPad and it still has the same problem.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @Fogg_Wilde, sorry to hear you are running into this! This definitely shouldn't be happening so I'd love to get some more information so we can take a further look on our end and see if there is anything that might be causing this. To do so, can you let me know:

• The exact version of the iPad
  • The exact version of the iOS on the iPad
  • The exact version of the Square app
  • Under Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth, is the Square app enabled to use Bluetooth?
  • Under Settings > Mobile data, is the Square app enabled to run on data?

Additionally, if you can send us some data from your device by going to the Square Point of Sale App > Support > Troubleshooting > Send Support Ledger, that will really help us!

Note: if you don't see the option to Send Support Ledger, please try signing out of your app and signing back in again. 

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4