In this post we’re sharing a quick overview of how to accept contactless payments like Apple Pay and Google Pay with Square. If you have any questions, reply to this post to let us know!
Can I take Apple Pay/Google Pay using the Square Contactless + Chip Reader or with Square Terminal?
You can accept Apple Pay/Google Pay using your Square Contactless + Chip Reader or with Square Terminal the same way you would a tap and go card. There are no extra settings you need to enable in order to accept these types of payments.
To take a payment with the Square Contactless + Chip Reader:
- Make sure your reader is paired with your device.
- Open the Square app, enter a custom amount or item and then tap Charge.
- When you see one green light on the reader, it’s ready to take your customer’s payment. Ask your customer to hold their phone over the reader to complete the sale.
To take a payment with the Square Terminal:
- Make sure the Terminal is connected to a network via WiFi or Ethernet
- Enter a custom amount or select an item and then tap Charge.
- Ask your customer to hold their mobile device near the contactless symbol in the centre of the screen to complete the payment.
How can I set up Apple Pay/Google Pay on my Square Online site?
To accept Apple Pay and Google pay on your Square Online site:
- Go to your Square Online Overview page > click Settings > then click Checkout
- Toggle ON Accept Apple Pay an/or Accept Google Pay.
Please note: Customers will only see the option to pay via Apple Pay when using Safari as their browser.
Learn more about how to accept card payments with Square Online on our Support Centre.
Can customers pay their invoices using Apple Pay/Google Pay?
Can I get an Apple Pay sticker for my business?
Hi. I am at a total loss as to how to configure my Wordpress website (running WooCommerce) to enable Apple Pay. Apparently I am supposed to be able to accept payments through this Square, but am not able. Google Pay set up was no problem.
I cannot find any instruction on Square on how to set this up.
The square plugin on WooCommerce is pretty abysmal at best.
The closest to helpful thing I found was to connect to my Square Developer page and 'open the application which connects my Square account and Woo. I cannot find this, or do not have it. 😞
If you would be able to point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.