x

Campaign and Party sales, also enter past transactions

I need to go back to May 2018, when I started selling Avon products. Avon sells by Campaign, there are 26 Campaigns per year. Some other companies sell by parties, and some like Isagenix would be bi-weekly or monthly. We need to be able to assign these sales by party name, or Campaigns, or something of our chosing and then create reports based on that. Maybe I am not aware of how to do this, but it would help if you could make this happen. I thought about using the employee function, and have 26 employees, and each would only exist for 2 weeks so I can have a report based on each campaign sales, but I am not sure if that would work. Also if we could set or own date so we could enter past transactions and not have all of them dated on the day we enter the info.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

So I tried making each Campaign as if they were employees, but that didn't work cause to track each employee (Campaign) it is a monthly charge of $6.00. Then, if I do that I don't know still if it is going to work? Your system won't track individual employees (Campaigns) separately, other than the owner. So I guess that idea is a wash. Any other ideas out there?

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Angelika

That's a very unique selling situation, but I think I might have a workaround that will help if I'm understanding this correctly. 

What you can do is create a Category for each campaign, and add an item set for each campaign. 

For example, you'd create multiple variants of "Item A", but have them in the "Campaign 1" category. 

So when you complete a sale during your first campaign, the sale will reflect the correct item from that campaign, and you can run an item sales report to view the categorized campaign for those sales. 

It's good to remember that you can always drill down sales by date range, so if your campaigns run form a specific date, you can use that tool to figure out which sales apply to which campaigns. 

Message 3 of 3