x
Beta Member

Change price of an item on invoice

How i can't modify the price of an item on an invoice in the dashboard, but i can do it via the pos app in the invoice tab ?

Please fix this.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

@SamuelDesgagne1 Sorry about that. It's a limitation. You'll need to enter the item without selecting it from the drop down options, then select Use One Time Item. This will allow you to customize the price. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Yes I know this option, but how am I supposed to track my inventory which I pay for with retail plus?

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@SamuelDesgagne1 - What you're looking for is a limitation as you are probably aware.  On Dashboard, If you want to pull inventory from your existing items AND change the price for that one item just for the invoice, you'll need to leave the price variable which allows you can enter the amount when creating the invoice. That way, stock is tracked and the price is set to the amount you desire. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

This "Limitation" STILL exists, almost 3 years later.

Is Square unaware that items are sometimes sold at slightly different prices?

We pay for these services, particularly stock tracking, and would like to see these identified "Limitations" resolved.

Based on the answer above, Square seems fine with living with these "Limitations".

When can we expect that "Limitations" are addressed?

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

This is a big problem for our company as well.  Item prices should be editable from the invoice creation just like it is on the point of sales/square registers.  It should have been addressed and fixed a long time ago IMO.

Message 6 of 6