x

How to create a "site under maintenance" Page in Weebly

I would like to  create a "site under maintenance" page on our website to temporarily take it down.  However, whenever I try to create the page, it becomes a subset of the home page and a button appears on the home page called "maintenance" (the name of the page I created with the "site under management" message.  There does appear to be a way of creating such a page that is independent of the website/home page structure.  Has anyone had any success doing this in Weebly?  Thanks

Doug

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @dougd 

This is possible on a Weebly site using custom code. 

Custom code is not something we can provide support with, unfortunately, but it does look like someone previously provided the necessary code here and here.

This will allow you to remove the navigation links from your page. 

I hope this information is helpful!

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Ok, thanks, will have a look, although I think coding something in will be beyond my capabilities.  Thanks for responding

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

It can definitely be daunting, @dougd

Luckily, it looks like the first post I linked above includes detailed instructions and all the code you will need. 

The only risk here is that if you add the custom code to your site and something doesn't work, our support team won't be able to help you troubleshoot the custom code, so you might need to remove it if that happens. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4