x

How do I print kitchen order tickets with Square?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Kitchen Order Tickets

Can I use a receipt printer to print order tickets? Or am I limited to only use the thermal kitchen printers? 

I don't need to have a printer in my back of house as my cafe is quite small, but I want to be able to use one printer for both receipts and customer orders. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @Munishs 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Nice to have you join us! We hope this space can prove to be a valuable resource as you learn to grow your business with Square.

Yes! - you can use both the kitchen thermal printer, or regular receipt printer to print order tickets. We recommend the kitchen printer specifically for environments that may be higher in temperature due to the face that they are specifically designed for thermal capabilities. 

Once your printer is connected, follow the steps below to turn on Order Tickets:

1. From the Square app, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner to navigate to the menu or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register.
  2. Tap Settings > Printers.
  3. Select a printer and toggle Order Tickets and/or Order Ticket Stubs on.
  4. Select categories to print.
  5. Choose whether ticket numbers will be auto-assigned or manually entered.

I hope this information is helpful! Feel free to shoot us back a reply if you have any further questions. Cheers!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @Munishs 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Nice to have you join us! We hope this space can prove to be a valuable resource as you learn to grow your business with Square.

Yes! - you can use both the kitchen thermal printer, or regular receipt printer to print order tickets. We recommend the kitchen printer specifically for environments that may be higher in temperature due to the face that they are specifically designed for thermal capabilities. 

Once your printer is connected, follow the steps below to turn on Order Tickets:

1. From the Square app, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner to navigate to the menu or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register.
  2. Tap Settings > Printers.
  3. Select a printer and toggle Order Tickets and/or Order Ticket Stubs on.
  4. Select categories to print.
  5. Choose whether ticket numbers will be auto-assigned or manually entered.

I hope this information is helpful! Feel free to shoot us back a reply if you have any further questions. Cheers!

Joe
Message 2 of 8

If we have the square terminal, and would like to print out tickets for the kitchen, can we print off a ticket right from the terminal?  With no external printer attached?  And can we then also print out a receipt for the Cx after?  I don't want a printer in the kitchen, nor a second printer up front, at this time.

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

You can, @CarolR🙌

Keep in mind that when using the Square Terminal to print order tickets (vs an external printer), you will need to tap the Print Receipts button after the transaction is completed for an order ticket to print on the internal Terminal printer. Learn more here.

Yes, you will be able to print receipts for your customers using the Terminal as well 

I hope this helps, but let us know if other questions come up!

...and welcome to the Seller Community 🎉

Valentina
Message 4 of 8

Perfect!  Thank you.  It took a little practice and searching but I have it working now and it's great for a tiny little business like mine.

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Great to hear @CarolR

Don't hesitate to reach back out if anything else comes up 

Valentina
Message 6 of 8

I have a Restaurant that uses Square Register. 

There is 1 printer next to the register, and 1 printer in the kitchen.  

We need to be able to send an order to the kitchen without the customer paying first at the counter. 

How do we make this change?

Thanks,

Claudia

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Turn on Open Tickets which allows you to save and order, send it to the kitchen, and pay when the order is ready. 

@Joe gives a hand on a thread I moved you to. 

Justin
Message 8 of 8