x

How do I process an invoice that was sent to the customer via email, when they pay in person?

I'm brand new to Square and wish there was a demo mode available to be able to figure things out before going live.

That said..... if I send a customer an estimate via email and they accept the estimate, a) is an invoice automatically generated and sent?  If so, and they receive the invoice but come in person to pay, what steps to I take for them to make the payment?

Using the Terminal, can my staff look up their name via the terminal, find the invoice and accept payment through the terminal?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Gernman -

Yes, the estimate will create the invoice. You will still be able to pull up the invoice on your Terminal whenever the customer comes in. 

Here are the steps to do so: 

1. Select Invoices from the navigation menu.
  2. Click on the invoice from your list or learn how to create an Invoice on your mobile device and tap Add Payment.
  3. Swipe, Insert, or Tap your customer’s card, charge a saved card on file, or select a separate tender type (Cash, Gift Card, Check or Other.)
  4. You’ll see a final screen that reads Invoice Paid after the payment completes.
  5. Your customer will automatically receive payment confirmation to the email entered for their Invoice.
Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

how do i do an invoice for someone paying cash

Message 3 of 8

Hey @318671! Welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a relevant thread that goes through how to send an invoice and accept your cash payment.

It's gonna be the same as sending any other invoice- but the difference is once the customer gives you the cash you'll need to go in and mark the invoice as paid by selecting > Add Payment as @Kassi_ listed above.

Ashley C
Message 4 of 8

How do I send an invoice with a payment option other than 2 defaults? Credit card or gift card. 

I have all tenders turned on, how to I send to allow for a cash payment or other?

Message 5 of 8

Hi @Nord_A,

You'll have to mark the invoice as paid for it to show the "Other" option if the client ends up paying in cash.

You should see 3 dots on the invoice when viewing on the Dashboard where you can select this option.

Ashley C
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

Client has an outstanding invoice. When I pull it, it allows me to record a payment, but does not allow me to charge it from the invoice. 

When I have the client in store with an outstanding invoice, I have to create a new transaction and then record the payment is creating a double revenue in my sales report.  

We should be able to charge the balance due from the invoice on our end as well and it should clear the invoices balance, or post the payment on the invoice.

Message 7 of 8
Admin

@capitaltailor Check out Kassi_'s answer above. If you're not seeing those options, make sure that your app is updated.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 8 of 8