x

How do change your passcode

Whenever we use a Debit card with No Tap enabled we get pass code screen which is impossible to get out of. Square gets stuck on pass code screen. Have to uninstall app and reinstall. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hello @Troutlake, welcome to the Seller Community!

Thanks for bringing this up and for taking the time to start troubleshooting. Sorry to hear about this issueโ€”that shouldn't be happening. 

If you haven't had the chance to give the remaining steps on this article a run-through, please try them out and let us know how it goes: Square Point of Sale App Troubleshooting.

If those doesn't correct this, please get in touch with our Customer Success Team for a deeper dive, or reply here. I'll be happy to have another look!

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 7

I started my square but forgot my passcode. How do I change it or reset it

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Thanks for asking! I merged your post with another titled "How do I change my Passcode." It will hold the answers you are looking for. Have a nice day! ๐Ÿ™‚

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7

So frustrating. I've found several posts about my question, but they all say they merged the person with another thread, which I can't view. 

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Sorry for the frustration @AndyG

It's possible the post is older, and no longer relevant. Can you try these steps to reset the passcode? 

1. Log into your Square Dashboard, and click Team in the left menu.
  2. From your list of employees > Click on the Owner employee (should be your name).
  3. Click Assign New Passcode > confirm to save your changes. 
Message 6 of 7

Thank you! That fixed it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 7