x
Beta Member

I sell unique items - can POS remove my items from the library after they're sold?

Title has been updated from "how to deal with Unique Items all one of." to "I sell unique items - can POS remove my items from the library after they're sold?"

Hi all, I sell hand made items and for the most part they are all 1 of items so how do I set up my inventory to remove the item once its sold? Even if I set an inventory of 1 it still shows up on the POS page.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 32
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Item available with no inventory

Hi @SarahEutectic, thanks for your post and for adding your support for this feature request. I can see how this would be really helpful for sellers like you who only products that are one-of-kind. 

We're still tracking this feature request and if there is a way to remove a sold out item from your POS automatically we'll update this thread to notify everyone.

1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Items don't disappear once they are sold out.  You will have to delete them yourself.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Beta Member

JustinC, thats not the answer a bunch of us are looking for, at least give us some hope that someday maybe this will get fixed......

Message 22 of 32

We're a small resale clothing shop where we make our own tags. My employees are struggling through lists of item descriptions (e.g., Eileen Fisher open cardigan) to find the right item as customers are trying to check out. Is there a way to hide the sold out items in inventory so we're only looking at those in stock on our screen?  We don't sell online. Just need to hide these items on my Square for Retail screen. Thank you!

Message 23 of 32
Alumni

I totally feel you. Makes for clumsy check out experience for your customers and employees. 

You aren't the only one asking for the option to hide out of stock items when checking out. A feature request we're currently tracking. I moved your post to add your voice. We'll update the thread once we learn about the future availability. 

@SonnetSparrow

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 32

Hi, I'm in the process of setting up my website. Inventory Tracking would be so much easier if there was a button for OOAK so that when the item sells the system would remove the item from the website and POS. Looks like this has been an ongoing issue for several years. Is this in the works at all?

Message 25 of 32
Beta Member

I wish they would... I asked for this a very long time ago..... Not enough clients are asking for it.

Message 26 of 32

Hi, has there been any progress on having an option for items to be removed automatically from point of sale when they are sold out? I also make one of a kind items and this would be so helpful instead of having to remove items manually when they sell.  Thanks.

Message 27 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Mitzi07

While we do not have any updates on removing unique items from Square Point of Sale after they are sold we now have a way to mark items as sold out so they show like that wherever they are being displayed.

Here's how to mark Items as Sold Out

From your online Square Dashboard:

1. Visit Items in your online Square Dashboard.

2. Select the item(s) or item variation(s) that you'd like to mark as sold out.

3. Click Edit variation details > Manage stock.

4. Toggle on/off the Mark as sold out on Point of Sale and Online option.

5. Click Done.

From the Square Point of Sale app:

1. Tap More from the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen and select Items > All Items.

2. Select the item(s) or item variation(s) that you'd like to mark as sold out.

3. From the Edit Item screen, tap the variation(s) to open up the Edit Variation screen.

4. Toggle on/off the Label as sold out at this location option.

5. Tap Done > tap Save.

Note: This will also label the item or item variation as sold out in Square Online.

You may find more info on how to do this here. I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 28 of 32

I sell OOAK items as well. Need them for reporting, but sales would be much easier if I didn't have to sort through all of the sold-out items to find the one that's for sale. PLEASE develop this feature!

Message 29 of 32

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @LisaER I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 30 of 32

Any new advances to help with OOAK items that have sold? 

Message 31 of 32

Welcome to the Community, @realworldcat

I don't have an update on this feature request, but I would echo JJ's idea of adding this over on the Ideate Board. Once you do so, the status on the request will be updated to keep you in the loop on the process. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 32 of 32