x

Managing inventory for outstanding invoices

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “Manage Your Inventory in Square Point of Sale!”

How is adjusted inventory affected when there is an outstanding Invoice on record? For instance, quantity 5 of "widget A" is on an outstanding invoice #1234 that was delivered last week so those five widgets are not at my store.. I do a physical count of "widget A" today and adjust my current inventory to from 12 to 15 citing "recount" as my reason. When invoice #1234 is paid by my customer will my inventory count for "widget A" go from 15 to 10 OR will it stay at quantity 15? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Great question @ngoladd!

At this time your inventory will only go down when an Invoice is paid and you Inventory Management for Invoices enabled. With this setting, inventory is not updated while an Invoice is outstanding. So in your example, when #1234 your invoice is paid your inventory count will go from 15 to 10.

If you’re manually updating the inventory as you ship items, you can disable the Inventory Management setting from the Invoices section of your Square Dashboard

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions about this let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2