x
Beta Member

Master Inventory Item

Running a bar, we need to keep track of how much of what is being sold. Is it possible to set-up the bottle with how many pours we would get out of it and have this inventory reduced each time a pour is done for that bottle?

Right now we have created modifiers for each shot, shooter and cocktail - where the bartender needs to select what he or she has used to give to the customer. We have set-up each bottle of wine or spirits, etc - and run a modifier sales report to then have to add up and reduce the amount of pours sold against what was left in the bottle. We are spending an awful lot of time to do this and I wonder if there is a better way?

James Wilkinson
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Thanks for pointing this out as well, @JPWilkinson.

If I'm understanding how you're looking to track pours, we don't currently offer the ability to sell partial quantities of an item (e.g. a half bottle) with basic inventory management. As a possible solution, we've partnered with an inventory service called DigitalPour that may be able to get you where you need to be. Have a look here for more information: DigitalPour and Square.

To view a full list of our inventory partners, head over to your App Marketplace > Items & Inventory.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

@Tom

Unfortunately it looks like DigitalPour is not available to Canadian Square POS users... 

James Wilkinson
Message 3 of 4
Admin

Shucks—sorry I overlooked that, @JPWilkinson. Hopefully one of the other partner apps can offer a suitable solution in the meantime. We will circle back to this thread as any other options become available.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4