x
Beta Member

Receive Inventory without allowing price change

How do you enable mobile staff or any other team members to be able to receive inventory but not allow price changes?

Isn't this something that should've been an option? Like a staff can change it by mistake and all locations will suffer.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

@Provision To make sure I'm on the same page with you, are you using Square for Retail?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

I think Square for Retail is USA right? I'm in Canada, I dont think Square for Retail is available to us.

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Ah @Provision, yes it is only available in the US. I'm so sorry. I completely overlooked which board I was working in. 😣

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Is this something canada will be getting it should be standard where employees shouldnt be able to change prices..

Message 5 of 9
Admin

@Provision No worries. We have what is now called Team Management, where you're able to set up employee permissions. You're able to decide what you want your employees to have access to or not. There's no need to have Square Retail. 

If you have questions when looking at Team Management, please let me know!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

@nika  Team Management does not offer this. Square doesn't have this option at all. 

permission: Edit Items, Taxes and Manage Inventory

should be split into two:

1. Edit Items and Taxes

2. Manage Inventory

Currently only way to let employees to manage inventory ONLY is to allow them with all options.

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

Is there any update on this? Cause we have 5 locations and sometimes employees are changing prices by mistake while receiving inventory 

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Provision

We don't have a timeline for this feature. As soon as we do, we would send out a Product Update. Thank you!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9