x

Shipping information

We have a limited time sale in October & November each year.  The items that are purchased come in December and we have pick up and delivery options at that time.  How do we handle shipping options for this.  I really like the idea of door dash but I am envisioning 50 door dashers showing up to pick up and delivery the items.  Question is:  if our purchasing scenario is that they purchase  and then pick up/delivery up to 8 weeks later, how does that work?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @kimwolcott

I don't have any experience with this topic but wanted to make sure your post didn't fall through the cracks. Thankfully we have Super Sellers that might be able to provide more insights on the topic.  @HC_Charlie @Donnie-M @ryanwanner Do you have any experience or feedback you could share here?

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

I don’t use DoorDash so I can’t comment with direct experience, but if you’re doing a large amount of delivery in a short time frame, maybe using an independent delivery service or person might work for you. I also found this service: https://www.roadie.com/small-business

but again haven’t used them personally. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@kimwolcott I would set up to give them the option for pickup or delivery.  I would just add an item on for delivery and put a charge on it that covers the cost they can select at checkout and then you could manually process the deliveries vs. the pickups.  I know you can find plenty of people to do some quick deliveries without having to go through doordash or a third party delivery service if you are talking local area deliveries.  I would check with some local florists, do a gig ad locally, or even check with bitesquad.  I think you can find some local delivery options to help you out and save you money.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 4