x

Taxes not being applied correctly

I've noticed that Square isn't adding taxes correctly on the items that need to be taxed. I submitted my quarterly tax return and according to the total taxable receipts, square collected less money than it should have. Per example the taxes should've been $20 but instead, only $17 was collected on my part. How can this be fixed?

Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Couple things to looks at.

Under the tax tab make sure all items are added to the tax.

Two, there is a setting  "Add tax to item price" or "add tax in item price"  Select your tax to edit this.

If you have a $10 item and you add 10% tax to the item price you will be collecting $1.00  But if you add tax in the item price you will be collecting $0.91.  this could be where your issue is.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

I am not sure how to even hook up paypal that way lol... do you know if we can use Chase as POS? Id perfer everything in one hub

Message 22 of 25

If you are in Ontario, why Chase, a US bank? PayPal was easy to add on Wix. Depends on what website builder you use.

Message 23 of 25

Ok, no i dont want that scotia told me about it.... i am using square to build my site myself. New business owner.. got a learning curve, this is the only thing not working on my site when i trial it. 

Message 24 of 25

'm in Ontario as well, just trying to set up online so I can take CC payments and I'm receiving the same issue. I'm putting in my price, then it shows the tax line at 13%, but they don't add up, and the total remains the same. should I be adding in the total with +13? calculating it myself? seems like a hassle

Message 25 of 25