x

chip debit options for Canadian business'?

I really want to use Square for my POS but during my market survey I discovered that most customers in my small town prefer entering their PIN. Are there Canadians out there that are using a debit system seperate but alongside their Square POS?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Message 2 of 5

Thanks, I know how the Canadian debit (tap-only)works now but was wondering if anyone is using some kind of EMV alongside of square so that they can accept chip debit with a pin. 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @mrdleslie

I haven't heard of any particular debit system that sellers use along side Square, but if you do find one that works well please share! I'm sure your fellow sellers are looking for help in regards to this as we work toward improving our own Debit acceptance features. 

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

I used to use Dream Payments, and it worked perfectly for chip and pin transactions  When they closed up shop I couldn't find another company with the same options, and ended up with square. Although I love it much of the time, I'm really frustrated that they don't take chip and pin for debit. That is my most  popular method of payment, and I'm being forced to take credit cards or e-Transfers instead. I would love to find another option that doesn't have huge rental fees, but would be happiest if Square would just enable chip and pin in Canada! 

Message 5 of 5