x

MINUS SIGN - not working with titles

I use the minus sign to create smaller sub-titles in both the Banner Header area and in/associated with the text area.

The minus sign has stopped working. I cannot reduce the title size.

None of this would matter if Weebly would recognize we need three different title sizes and provided the modules accordingly.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Which site is that on, @makingamark? Is that a new Title element you added to the page or a title element copied from another element with the copy function?

Message 6 of 5

The text resizing does not work with ANY TEXT anywhere on the page - that's new titles and old titles, new text and old text

However it's more complicated than that - as a number of things are NOT WORKING.

Here's what I wrote on the Weebly Facebook Page as it seemed to me this is a pretty serious glitch in the system.

"I can't turn "bold" on or off
I can't turn "italics" on or off
I can't use "bigger" or "smaller" plus and minus buttons for text size

Basically everything on the left hand side of the text menu doesn't work.

[UPDATE - the text justification icon on the text menu bar doesn't work either

PLUS It's absolutely impossible to insert a YouTube video as clicking the module in the normal place (I've done this lots of times before - so no instruction required!) starts the instruction video!!!!!!]

When is Weebly going to get to speedy grips with Chrome updates?"

followed by

"Woes with the text menu bar continue (using Chrome) - the icons which don't work include the justification icon, bold, italics, the font resizing +/- icons etc

I've had to switch to Firefox to work at anything other than snail's pace. Please explain why Weebly is not up to date with the most popular browser in the world - and why it takes so long when the glitches are pretty fundamental to text editing and site construction?"

Message 6 of 5
Square

I just replied to your other post regarding text editing, @makingamark. Hopefully those issues should be fixed soon!

With the YouTube element, is that also specific to Chrome?

Message 6 of 5

Yes - I've added quite a few videos on YouTube to my site so I know how to do this

However if you click on ANY part of the module WHILE EDITING IN CHROME the instruction module starts running. Frankly I always thought it a badly designed module in the sense that depending on where you click you could EITHER insert the YouTube video code OR start the instruction video. The instruction video should sit with the module once opened.

Anyway - now I'm working full time in Firefox (not where I'd choose to be) it was possible to insert the YouTube Video

Net conclusions - Yes - this is another one of the Chrome Update glitches, but there is work around while Weebly continues to fail to address which is the MOST USED BROWSER IN THE WORLD!

Message 6 of 5