x

Major Issue. Serious issue for online sellers. Instagram/Facebook pulls incorrect prices from Square

Major Issue - needs top priority. Serious issue if you run an online store.

1. Facebook and Instagram shoppable posts pulls incorrect information from Weebly/Square due to synching issue, causing incorrect pricing across the board.

2.I have an 'online only' store using Weebly. If I update a product and put it for 'SALE' on Weebly, it displays correctly on Weebly but this 'Sale' price does NOT translate to Square (which incorrectly shows the full price). This needs synching ASAP. This is because, aside from it being a huge inconvenience, more critically it...

3. Causes a HUGE technical error issue when it comes to Facebook and Instagram's Shoppable Posts features (when you can tag your products in your own posts) because Facebook/Instagram PULLS ITS CATALOGUE from Square, not Weebly. This means that the price that shows up when I tag one of my products in an Instagram or Facebook post, is now WRONG (it still shows the full price not the sale price).

4. I put up with the 'wrong' full prices being on social media for the past week (I just launched) then I thought - this is just not helping my cause to have prices showing as more expensive than what they are.

5. SO I went and changed all the prices in Square to the 'sale' price so Facebook and Instagram would reflect the correct price.

6. What THIS then did, is caused Weebly to think that none of those items were on sale anymore, as the 'full' price and the 'sale' price were now the same. SO it REMOVED all the red sale' stickers off all the sale items on Weebly. Ugh.

7. This is a major bug that seriously, seriously needs fixing in the world of online shopping. It's a massive issue. We as online sellers can't function properly with this issue there. It means essentially that I have to choose between the prices of my products on my social media being 'wrong' (not showing the correct sale price and showing a more expensive price than what they are), or I have to put up with my website being 'wrong' (ads now not showing a red sale sticker when the products are in face, 'on sale').

Please help fix this - it should be a major priority. It's a huge, huge problem. The world is going online and this error goes to the heart of sales - we can't sell online if prices can't even be imported correctly and shows incorrect prices across the board..
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Square

I'm sorry for the troubles! Our queues have been incredibly busy the past few weeks. I assume this is due to an increase in site traffic as more and more users are forced to move their business online. That said, the syncing queue does experience certain times when it takes much longer (up to 24 hours in extreme cases) to fully sync. Our team is aware of this issue and is working on ways to alleviate the sync queue. I would also imagine the queue time to lessen as more people finish fully setting up their sites. 

Message 15 of 17

Thanks for your reply but that's a separate issue to what I'm referring to.

Let me clarify - if you go into an Item ad on Weebly, go to price, and look at the title next to it called 'Sale Price' - there's a little question mark next to it. If you hover over it, it says 'The sale price only applies to your online store and DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR PRICE IN SQUARE.'

This is the massive issue I'm referring to that needs fixing. The set-up is actually wrong itself. I'm assuming this is why sale prices in Square DON'T show up. And hence why this is such a major issue is because Facebook and Instagram pull their product inventory from Square - in which ALL items that are on sale, now have a WRONG price (as the sale price doesn't come across from Weebly).

See what I mean? It's a massive issue because it means every single item on Sale, shows the wrong price (on Facebook/Instagram shopping).

Message 15 of 17
Square

I understand what you mean, @LauraB1. If you have an item that has a different sale price within Square than what you have within your online store, your Facebook or Instagram product will then have the sale price of your Square account and not your online store. While this isn't technically a bug, it does introduce the possibility of confusion. Do you want different sale prices within Square vs your online store? The quickest solution right now would be to set the sale price within Square to the same as the item has in your online store.

Message 15 of 17

Hi Adam - can you escalate this to support as huge issue? I've already tried 2-3 times individually.

The issue with the solution you proposed is that if I do that (change the price in Square to reflect the new sale price), Weebly then looks at that price change and says 'oh the new price is the same as the standard price, this item mustn't be on sale anymore,' and so it REMOVES all the red sale stickers for all of those items on my online store.

So we either have to make a choice between our social media being showing the WRONG price, or our online store NOT showing that items are on sale. Either way, one of those portals will be incorrect. This is why this is such a huge deal.

But yes - if you change a price in Weebly, it absolutely absolutely needs to synch across to Square. I am at a loss to understand why this doesn't happen. 

Can this PLEASE be esclated and fixed?

Message 15 of 17
Square

I completely see what you mean by updating the price in Square and then the price updating and reflecting no sale on Weeblyl's end.. I believe this would be considered more of a feature request. It's definitely something we can bring up during our weekly feedback meeting, though! Showing the sale price on both social media AND your online store is important and would be hard to decide which one to choose. 

Message 15 of 17

Hi - thanks but it's not a feature request - it's a legal requirement (here in Australia anyway), which I'm currently breaching.

If something is on sale, I am legally required to show customers in the ad what the original price was. That's now not happening. 

Pricing being wrong is a huge issue - probably the biggest for an online store. Please just fix this its incredibly important. It's not a nice to have, it's critical!

I've attached an example of another Australian store's prices on Instagram, with an item on sale, so you can see how it's displayed.

Message 15 of 17

Hi Guys - any news on this??

Message 15 of 17
Square

Can you submit a ticket via the Weebly support site, @LauraB1? I don't see one submitted to our team about this, but if you do I can escalate it to our advanced support team. Since the integration is on the online store side of things, it might be work better going that route.

Message 15 of 17

I have but I'll do it again

Message 15 of 17

By the way all SALE prices are still wrong. Has this been escalated??

Message 15 of 17
Square

It looks like the support ticket is assigned to a rep. You should receive a reply shortly. 

Message 15 of 17

What is the status of this bug fix? This is an URGENT issue - a major showstopper. I'm considering switching to another platform as are other online sellers I know due to this issue. It is URGENT as it affects our ability to sell effectively!!!!

Message 15 of 17

Laura...have you gotten any response on this yet? It is still broken....I am considering switching to a new platform if this isnt resolved asap.

Message 15 of 17

Laura...have you found a workaround? This is a huge issue for me. I've been searching online for a while trying to find a workaround to no avail.
Message 18 of 17

No there's no solution to this. WHAT ON EARTH? It's seriously bad, it needs fixing.

Message 18 of 17

I agree. This is a MAJOR flaw! I was using WooCommerce and it was seamless. I switched to Square Online for better integration with Square for Retail and I've experienced nothing but headaches. Products don't sync properly, sale prices don't sync at all and for some reason Square puts "Regular" after each item in my inventory management section which is then pulled into Facebook so ALL my items in Facebook have - Regular after the title (which is confusing with apparel items as it insunates a size description). I literally have been pulling my hair out over the past weeks and TOTALLY regret switching from WooCommerce. I've spent endless hours setting up this new website and the problems have been endless. There's also no place to input box dimensions for shipping which is also a HUGE flaw as shipping weight alone is not accurate, especially with large/irregular items that require dimensional shipping charges. Perhaps I should have switched to Shopify. They seem to be lightyears ahead of Square/Weebly! The mere fact this has not yet been addressed and resolved is a blatant slap in the face. I'm sure Square/Weebly are laughing all the way to the bank! For the prices they charge, this is totally inexcusable!!!!

Message 18 of 17