x

SSL certification for starter plan

Hi

I'm using Weebly for last 2 years now and have subscribed to starter pack as I'm using my website for photography portfolio. SSL certification is a basic requirement today as it gives, the visitors confidence to access the site & also, it's an assurance to website owner that his/her data/content is protected. Weebly seems to have a policy of giving SSL certification for only PRO plans onwards. I had purchased SSL certificate from a third party but Weebly seems to restrict the access for the same. 

I have an earnest suggestion, SSL certificate is not that costly and it should be included in the starter plan, if not then atleast website owner must be allowed to use his/her own SSL certificate. 

I hope, Weebly will consider this suggestion with an open mind.

Best,

Sarang

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

Hi there, my website is on a starter plan, I need it to be ssl but the option is grey and I cannot click to enabke it.

Domain is http://www.myfaircakery.com

The domain is currently with namesco.

Thanks

Shaun

Message 89 of 88
Square

Hi @xCLASHx

You should be able to login and enable the SSL now. Smiley Happy

Message 89 of 88

OK thanks i will take a look, what about the domain name though as it is on namesco?

Thanks for your help

Shaun

Message 89 of 88
Square

The domain is connected to the site so once you enable SSL through the editor you will be good to go. You may receive a prompt asking you to alter the IP address slightly, but that alert won't show until you hit the enable button. If it shows at all that is. 

Message 89 of 88

https now showing thank you but there is still a site warning (i) showing in the browser - is this a time issue where we have to wait for propogation or is there still some issue please.

Thanks

Shaun

Message 89 of 88

All good now - all sorted.

Message 89 of 88

Hello, I am having the same issue. I have the starter package, when I go to enable SSL it has the upgrade button and redirects to the upgrade page. Can you do for my site what you have done for the others?  Thanks

Message 89 of 88
Square

No problem, @cinder1850. Can you try again? It should show an ENABLE button now.

Message 89 of 88

Thanks Adam - it is sorted now.
Message 89 of 88

Hi, same problem here, I have starter plan but there's no option for me to enable SSL, please help, thanks.

Message 89 of 88
Square

Can you try again, @ralf7382? You should see an ENABLE button now.

Message 89 of 88

yes it works, thank you. Smiley Happy

Message 89 of 88

Hi,
I also have a starter plan but no option to add SSL without upgrading.

Please could you look into my account.
Message 89 of 88
Square

Sorry for the trouble - can you try again? I made a change to your account so you shouldn't see an upgrade button now.

Message 89 of 88

Thanks Adam. It's working after your fix
Message 89 of 88
Square

Awesome - glad to hear that!

Message 89 of 88

Hi, 

I have the same problem.  I am unable to enable ssl without upgrading, where it says I have ssl on my site package.  

Cheers - Jess

Message 89 of 88

jessicamcmann.com
Message 89 of 88
Square

Sorry about that, @mcmanndance. You should be able to enable SSL without the upgrade prompt now.

Message 89 of 88

Hi Adam, 

Thank you for the quick response, I have added SSL now, thank you, 

Cheers - mcmanndance

Message 89 of 88
Square

No problem!

Message 89 of 88