x

SSL certification for starter plan

Hi

I'm using Weebly for last 2 years now and have subscribed to starter pack as I'm using my website for photography portfolio. SSL certification is a basic requirement today as it gives, the visitors confidence to access the site & also, it's an assurance to website owner that his/her data/content is protected. Weebly seems to have a policy of giving SSL certification for only PRO plans onwards. I had purchased SSL certificate from a third party but Weebly seems to restrict the access for the same. 

I have an earnest suggestion, SSL certificate is not that costly and it should be included in the starter plan, if not then atleast website owner must be allowed to use his/her own SSL certificate. 

I hope, Weebly will consider this suggestion with an open mind.

Best,

Sarang

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

I have the same problem, I have starter plan but there's no option for me to enable SSL. Can you help me please?
Message 89 of 88

Dear,

I too have the same problem, 

I do not have an "enable" button on the SSL option.

can you please assits?

Many thanks

Kind regards

Gerry

Message 89 of 88
Square

No problem, @Partscare. You should be good to go, now.

Message 89 of 88

Hi there! I have the same problem. I have a starter plan and I am not able to enable the SSL.

Message 89 of 88
Square

Sorry about that, @BloomingPicture. You should be able to enable SSL now without being prompted to upgrade.

Message 89 of 88

Working now, thanks @Adam!

Message 89 of 88

Hi @Adam,

Could you please enable SSL for ednastreet.nz domain?

Thanks

Message 89 of 88
Square

No problem, @ednastreetnz. You should be good to go now, too!

Message 89 of 88

Hi @Adam

When I click the Enable button on Settings, the page just shows me instructions to remove my DNS records.  Does your free SSL not work with custom domains?  I have two A records pointing to199.34.228.45.

Wayne

Message 89 of 88

Hi Adam,

Could you do the same for us so we cab install SSL certificate?

Our website is www.mondzorgwestfriesland.nl
Thank you in advance!

Message 89 of 88
Square

It does, though you might need to update the IP address your domain points to. Is it telling you to point the domain to that IP?

Message 89 of 88
Square

No problem, @SheilaSK. I've made a change so you can enable SSL now.

Message 89 of 88

Hi there! I have the same problem. I have 2 starter plans and I am not able to enable the SSL.

Message 89 of 88
Square

Sorry about that @Marco_76. Can you try refreshing your browser and checking the settings page now? Let us know if you don't see the Enable button.

Message 89 of 88

May you also check on my website. The only button present on my SSL section is upgrade.

Message 89 of 88
Square

All set, @emp You should now see Enable under the settings menu. Thanks!

Message 89 of 88

Hi,

Same problem for my end, only able to see SSL for an "Upgrade" but I'm already on starter package.

Please kindly assist.

domain is under exabytes.

Message 89 of 88
Square

Hi @Clanegie I've updated your account for you. Please let me know if you do not see the enable button now. Thanks! 

Message 89 of 88

Please, update my account too, thanks. Lubo.

Message 89 of 88
Square

Hi @Lubo Can you refresh and check again? Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 89 of 88

Thanks a lot.

Message 89 of 88