x

Video not encoding

I have been trying for days to post videos to my web page, and it's failing over and over at the encoding step. In the corner of my browser it keeps blipping "Waiting for Weebly", and then eventually times out.

To make absolutely sure it is not an issue with the file, I removed a video that had successfully uploaded and encoded just fine a week ago and re-uploaded it. It uploads, goes into the encoding queue, and then times out with "Video failed to encode". So it's not the file, it's something on the Weebly side of things right now.

I e-mailed Customer Service about this have not heard a response yet. I commented a couple days ago on another thread here in the Community where another teacher experiencing the same issue brought this up, but that has gotten no response. Now it is two more days later and I am starting a separate thread in hopes that it gets seen.

I know things are very busy for you all, but this is time-sensitive (aren't these things always?). These videos are for my students to work with between classes. We meet once a week and I need these videos posted in time for them to see them before we meet again each week. Every day it is not up, they can't do their work. We meet again in 48 hours and I have been unable to get the two videos to post to the site for them. I paid for this Weebly site because of the ability to post videos for this express purpose, as did the other instructor who was experiencing this same issue. Hopefully you can help us resolve this quickly.

Thank you for your time.

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square

I'm sorry to hear. I know something similar happened a couple of weeks ago and it was due to a sync queue. Is it working now for you? 

Message 16 of 15

No, still not encoding. I try 3-5 times or more each day, different times of the day in case it starts to work and still isn't working.

Message 16 of 15

We now passed another week without them able to see the video material I needed to upload to the site. No response to my support mail, no other information here. Help?

Message 16 of 15
Square

Can you please try optimizing the video using this free software? Make sure to match the settings to this screenshot (also check the web optimized box): 

Message 16 of 15

Hi Bernadette,

I followed your instructions and it is still putting me in the Encoding Queue... THIS IS CRAP! Help us out! Otherwise I will be writing a few scathing reviews and switching to SeeSaw or back to Google Classroom.

Message 16 of 15

I tried uploading again yesterday and the uploaded. I did not use Handbrake, FYI, it was the same files as I was trying before, they just worked this time.

I DID note that the "encoding queue" step waited a lot longer this time before getting through and did not time out. One guess I have is that perhaps there is just a huge backlog of people trying to upload right now and the time-out set by Weebly was set to X minutes; thus perhaps my files were timing out before they could get through the queue before? If they extended the time-out length, it would give them time to get through the encoding queue during a busier time like this? Maybe, I don't know. I just know they all got through finally yesterday.

Will check back in if it continues to be an issue after this.

Message 16 of 15

Hi I have now tried multiple video formats and sizes. This is BOGUS. Please address this Weebly.  

I will continue to try and load into the Queue 

Message 16 of 15

I am having the same issue. 

I am getting NO HELP. I have gone to the Facebook page, tried telephoning only to discover that now I need a PIN for support but that is not provided to PRO members. Are you kidding? 

I am trying to teach 400 kiddos today and I have no video loading capability. 

I have loaded the app, changed the file - only to have it tell me once again that it failed to encode the video. 

Message 16 of 15
Square

There was a separate issue yesterday that was affecting uploads which was resolved, although the original issue regarding video uploads is being investigated by our engineers. Hopefully they should have that resolved soon!

Message 16 of 15

Welp, back at it again this week. Two more videos I can't get to encode. Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 15
Square

Are these new videos, @HeyShayShay? Can you try exporting those to a different format and try uploading those?

Message 16 of 15

Hey Adam, I could but I am surious as to why? They were filmed on the same device, edited in the same program in the same way, exported in the same format at the same size with the same pre-sets, uploaded  from the same computer in the same browser. Why would it work sometimes and not others?

I will try, but appreciate the response in any case.

Message 16 of 15

I did the steps in Handbrake and it still didn't encode. I should note it even halved the video size (and QUALITY), to no effect on the encoding.

Also another video I managed to upload turned out to be corrupted during encoding somehow. It only played for 40 seconds or so, then jumped to the end and froze, so it didn't actually successfully upload.

So now we're in 2, almost 3 weeks without a successful upload (some people closer to 4 weeks) on an account I paid for specifically so I could upload videos. What is going on?

Message 16 of 15
Square

I'm not sure what the cause is unfortunately, although it's clearly something different than the previous issue. Can you contact our support team so they can take a look?

Message 16 of 15