x

Payment problems while renewing domain

Hello, I can't renew my domain just-styling.nl since the 31st of December. I managed to pay for my plan with Paypal, but the payment for the domain gets rejected. I tried to pay with Paypal or by card, does not work, when I pay with Paypal I get an error message and the payment gets refunded, when I tried to register a new card the ccv code was "wrong" although it was right, the payment from an existing card did not work either. I contacted customer support but it will some time to get an answer. I understand that, but I don't need a plan for 40$ if I can't renew my domain and it expires!!! I'm already getting anxious that time will pass and I get problems not only with payment but also with an expired domain. Please help me!!! Thanks a lot!!! 

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Ah yep I'm seeing the voids now @DarKuv.

I reached out to Weebly Support and they said unfortunately updating domains for nl domains is different than for .com, .net, etc.

You'll need to work with direct Weebly Support who can escalate your case to the advanced team that handles contacting the registrar to renew the domain. 

Sorry, I was hoping I could help from here but I can't take those actions from here. 🙁

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 16 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Heya @DarKuv and welcome to the Community.

Sorry you're having trouble getting your domain renewed. Do you mind sending me the URL to your site?

Ashley C
Message 16 of 15

Hi Ashley!

Thanks for reaching to me! It's https://www.just-styling.nl

Message 16 of 15

@DarKuv Sure thing!

I'm actually seeing no payment errors on our end. It looks like the payment was processed with us on 12/22.

Ashley C
Message 16 of 15

@ashleyc_ Unfortunately I have a message in my account that my domain is suspended (although the expiration date is the 1st of February 2021) and in my account there is also a message that it's expiring and I should pay. On the 22nd of December I got an email about urgent payment, this is when I tried to pay for the first time I guess but I did not succeed...

I also doubt that you recieved any money because my Paypal account shows no transactions, the MasterCard is expired 7 months ago... was it a payment from American Express without my authorisation? I really doubt you recieved the money...

Message 16 of 15

Best Answer

Ah yep I'm seeing the voids now @DarKuv.

I reached out to Weebly Support and they said unfortunately updating domains for nl domains is different than for .com, .net, etc.

You'll need to work with direct Weebly Support who can escalate your case to the advanced team that handles contacting the registrar to renew the domain. 

Sorry, I was hoping I could help from here but I can't take those actions from here. 🙁

Ashley C
Message 16 of 15

@ashleyc_ Thanks for your help anyway! I appreciate that!

I really hope they can help me before my domain expires. I don't need a Weebly plan (which I have already paid for unfortunately) if I loose my domain... 

Message 16 of 15

Of course! @DarKuv.

I hope so as well. Have you tried getting your PIN to call instead of waiting on an email?

Ashley C
Message 16 of 15

HI! 
Unfortunatly i have the same problems! I manage several websites for my friendss and 2 of them are already offline!

www.sazboutique.nl 
www.groenstyle.nl

And payments are refused fot www.tiesenmans.nl

Pleas help me asap! 

Message 16 of 15

@SimoneVoort75 I advise you and all other Dutch people who will face this problem to use VPN and live chat with the US customer support. The issue will be resolved within an hour in a friendly manner. This email customer support makes no sense and nobody will help you on time. Very unfortunate that Weebly helps only customers from the US via the live chat, but I give you my solution, how I dealed with it. 

Message 16 of 15

Thnx for your quick respose! Please tell me how to use vpn .. 

Message 16 of 15

I installed NORD VPN and get an US vpn... unfortunatly i have not te option for the live chat... only the email button 😞

Message 16 of 15

Hi, how would I find the live chat please? I am having payment problems, too, and my website is overdue. I need ugent and fast help. Thanks

Message 16 of 15
Square

Hi @jubu Welcome to the Community 👋

You can reach the team by scrolling to the bottom of our Help Center and clicking the contact us button. Once you see the automated chat window try typing something like "speak with a rep" to be directed to the teams available to your account. 

I do not see a domain name in your account, though. Can you confirm the domain name you are needing to renew? 

Message 16 of 15

I have a similar problem. If youre issue was resolved..i hope it did....please advise how I can resolve a similar issue. I had to renew. The card had xpired. Tried to change the expiry date ....didnt succeed. . Tried adding a new card...weebly didnt allow.... The expiry date for domain is Jan 12th....not much of help from weebly unlike the last many years.when weebly support worked. Now they pass you on to help.weebly and basically let you stew in the soup. My doamain is www.beejaysenglish.com

Any help from any source really welcome. Im getting a little worried

Message 16 of 15