x
Square

Weebly Community Move FAQ

Why is the Weebly Community moving?

When will the move happen?

How long will it take?

Does this mean the drag-and-drop Weebly website editor is going away?

I already have an account on the Seller Community. Do I need to do anything?

Will I be unable to make new posts while the move is under way?

Will I need to have a Square account to make posts once the move is completed?

Can I use my existing Square account or do I need to make a new one?

Will my kudos be transferred?

Can I still post about the same topics in the new home for the Community?

What happens to my old posts? Will I still see my past post interactions?

Will my username change if it is already taken on the Seller Community page?

Will my private messages still be available?

Will the feature request board transfer over?

Why is the Weebly Community moving?

Since launching in 2016, the Weebly Community has grown into an amazing space for website and online store owners to share their experiences, provide feedback, and get the help they need to be successful. The acquisition of Weebly by Square in 2018 has provided us with the opportunity to take the Weebly Community to the next level. Moving into the Seller Community will provide an improved community experience, as well as the benefits of being part of a much larger, thriving community of helpful sellers and Super Sellers.

When will the move happen?

We are currently planning to move the Weebly Community in October of this year. As we get closer to that time frame we will update this to provide a more concrete date.

How long will it take?

The move will take several hours to complete, but shouldn’t take more than a day.

Does this mean the drag-and-drop Weebly website editor is going away?

You can continue to use the drag-and-drop Weebly editor for your existing sites after the migration. Should the Weebly editor be retired, we will communicate this well in advance to you.

I already have an account on the Seller Community. Do I need to do anything?

If you already have a Seller Community account then you don’t need to create another. Feel free to use your existing Seller Community account before and after the move.

Will I be unable to make new posts while the move is under way?

For the duration of the move, both the Weebly Community and Seller Community will be read-only. Once the move is complete you can make new posts on the new home within the Seller Community.

Will I need to have a Square account to make posts once the move is completed?

Yes, you will need to have a Square account in order to make posts and engage with other members of the Seller Community. If you do not already have a Square account then you should merge your account with Square. For more information, see our Weebly and Square FAQ.

Can I use my existing Square account or do I need to make a new one?

You may use your existing Square account to create a profile in the Seller Community. If you do not have a Square account you will need to create one. To make one, you should use the button in your Weebly account to merge your account with Square if available. If you do not see a link in your Weebly account dashboard to convert your login, please contact our support team for help. 

Will my kudos be transferred?

Kudos counts on posts will be retained, although these will not be tied to your Seller Community account.

Can I still post about the same topics in the new home for the Community?

Yes, and please do! Many questions about building a website are applicable to Weebly websites and Square Online sites, so you’re not only helping yourself but millions of Weebly and Square Online site owners alike.

What happens to my old posts? Will I still see my past post interactions?

All existing posts and threads including your own will be moved to a Weebly Community archive board in the Seller Community. While they will be read-only, they will be viewable by anyone.

Will my username change if it is already taken on the Seller Community page?

Yes. If another member of the Seller Community is already registered and using the username you used within the Weebly Community, then you will need to choose a new username.

Will my private messages still be available?

Private messages will not be transferred over.

Will the feature request board transfer over?

Since the Feature Request board will not be included with the move, you’re welcome to make new requests in the Seller Community.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

@Adam 

"Does this mean the drag-and-drop Weebly website editor is going away?

You can continue to use the drag-and-drop Weebly editor for your existing sites after the migration. Should the Weebly editor be retired, we will communicate this well in advance to you."

How far in advance is well in advance? I have a 500+ page website (non-ecommerce). I am worried that you will spring a couple of months notice on us and I will have to take down my site. To migrate to another site builder will take me months and if it were to happen in the summer I wouldn't be able to do it (I have a very seasonal business). 

Does this also mean we also can't create new websites in our account? only existing websites would be usable?

Message 2 of 44
Square

Great questions!

I can't really give a timeframe, though I would expect something that was at at a minimum along the lines of Weebly for Education where we notified people a year in advance. Ideally we'd give even more notice than that, though, since that didn't involve transitioning to a different builder.

As for making new sites, you can make new sites after converting your account though they will use the Square Online website editor instead.

Message 3 of 44

I recommend checking the most recent announcements or updates from Weebly's official website or their support documentation for the most current information regarding their drag-and-drop editor or any other changes to their website- Funny Names building tools. This way, you can stay up-to-date with any potential modifications or advancements they implement.

Message 4 of 44

I have received an email from Weebly with a link to update my login. The link takes me to my Dashboard but there is nothing on the dashboard that enables me to do the update. There is supposed to be a button, but it isn't there. I have opened a Square account but can find no way of merging the accounts. HELP! I am very concerned that I am going to lose my websites. 

DH

Message 5 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Hi @DuncanH 👋 The account you are logged into does not have a flag stating the account needs to be updated. Is it possible that you have more than one Weebly account? Can you confirm your domain name so we can check the status of the account, please? 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 44

These are my domain names:

duncanhectorturfcare.co.uk
wisseyu3a.org
greatdunham.org.uk
greatdunhamcroquetclub.org
milehammen.org

Message 7 of 44
Square

Hi @DuncanH. Just to follow up on what @Dani_G said, if you don't see a link in your dashboard please contact our support team for help. I've updated the FAQ above to include this link for anyone else who doesn't see the option.

Message 8 of 44

I have already contacted the support team and there is still no link on my dashboard.

Message 9 of 44
Square

I'm not sure if they can make the link show in your dashboard, but they might be able to send you it separately. Thank you for contacting them!

Message 10 of 44

I too am having this problem and am thinking I'm going to have to leave weebly  square.

Message 11 of 44

Welcome to the Seller Community, @cstrena

Can you please clarify what is happening? Can you also confirm the URL of your website so we can take a look at the account? 

Message 12 of 44

I have the same problem

Message 13 of 44

Hi there, @javruiz,

We can take a look at this for you, can you please provide more information about what is occurring? 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 44

There is still no link on my dashboard after contacting the support team, and I've already contacted them.

Message 15 of 44

Guess I need to leave? A custom domain was never a paid feature to me. I've completed the transition (non-commerce site) to Square. Second time I have received this e-mail from Weebly/Square and I see NOWHERE to even so much as review the plans to which it is talking about!! The link provided only takes me to a login screen, I do not see a list, price range, descriptions, nothing. In my dashboard. In the current account/subscription dashboard it looks as if everything is well and fine until March for renewal. No mention of this required change whatsoever. Acting as if I won't have to pay for my blog & I so wish I still didn't. This is sure being sprung out of nowhere and the wording is such that it almost seems I should have been expecting it?! Plus this is from a no reply address. HELP!

-Melissa 

Subscribe to a paid plan to keep your site on a custom domain.

Inbox

Dear Valued Customer,

We reached out to you recently about upcoming changes to your Weebly account and website. As a reminder, custom domains are a paid feature.

You’re receiving this email because our records indicate that you are on a free Weebly plan and your site will be impacted. Starting 1/12/2023, Weebly sites hosted with a custom domain will be required to subscribe to an active plan to continue hosting.

If you choose to remain on a free plan level, your account and associated info will still be intact, but you’ll lose access to your custom domain.

If you have any questions, please contact us by visiting our Help Center.

Thanks for your support and understanding,
The Weebly Team
Opt into a paid plan today
Message 16 of 44

I also am having this issue and am believing I must leave Weebly square.

Message 17 of 44

hi

we are reseller for weebly and have 100s of customers. what is the plan for there? we get the info from the weebly-support that weebly no longer is updatet, no bugfixes are made, and its in the "maintenance mode". 

Message 18 of 44

Hi @phil88 Thanks for joining the Seller Community

Can you clarify what you mean by "maintenance mode"? Did you receive an email, or see an alert in your dashboard?

Message 19 of 44

we get this information directly from the weebly support team (over the cloud admin backend).

exact message:

"

....we commit to keeping the platform running through at least July 2025. .... However, we will not be making any changes or improvements to the Cloud platform and it will remain in "maintenance mode".

"

Message 20 of 44

1. Inform Your Customers: Notify your customers about the situation with Weebly, explaining the information received from Weebly support regarding the platform's status. Be transparent about the potential impact this might have on their websites.

2. Explore Migration Options: Research and identify alternative website-building platforms that offer similar features and functionalities to Weebly. Look for platforms that support easy migration and offer the tools necessary for transferring websites smoothly.

3. Test Alternative Platforms: Before recommending an alternative platform to your customers, thoroughly test the chosen platforms to ensure they meet your Private Story Names requirements and can accommodate the features and designs they currently have on Weebly.

4. Assist in Migration: Offer guidance and assistance to your customers throughout the migration process. Provide step-by-step instructions, support documentation, and possibly even one-on-one assistance for those who need it.

5. Prioritize Customer Support: Be prepared to address your customers' concerns and provide ongoing support during and after the migration. This includes addressing any issues that arise and ensuring their websites are functioning properly on the new platform.

6. Communicate Timelines: Establish clear timelines for the migration process and communicate these to your customers. Ensure they are aware of any downtime or disruptions that might occur during the transition.

7. Review Contracts or Agreements: Review your agreements or contracts with customers to understand any clauses related to service changes, terminations, or migrations. Ensure compliance with any legal obligations.

8. Stay Updated: Keep an eye on any new developments or updates regarding Weebly. There might be changes or announcements that could affect your decisions or the migration process.

Best Regards:

Sonic Menu with Prices

Message 21 of 44