x

Can this be removed "I agree to receiving marketing and promotional materials"?

Hello,

We are using the feature to register with our site so that people can take free Bible study courses on the site. We do not send out any marketing or promotional materials through the site when they register this way. We fear that this will be a hindrance to people using the site to take these courses, believing that they will receive spam or unwanted email. We hope that there is a way to disable this feature or that it could be added soon? Does anyone know any way around this?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Am I the first in 2021? We all still want this basic amendment...

Message 24 of 27

What the heck is taking Weebly soooo long to resolve this? We pay good money for our site and did not agree for this. Is weebly stealing user information and selling it? Not cool at all, and my organization is losing members and money because of this as they think their information is not secure. I don't blame them!

Message 24 of 27

2022 - Still need this taken care of. My business doesn't send any marketing or promotional materials to our members. Just make it so it's not a requirement. Please!

Message 28 of 27

We keep getting complaints from our customers that the wording of this text is way too aggresive.

These texts need to be editable! 

I don't understand how issues like that are open for over 4 years!? The lack of interest in customer opinions and feedback is going to make us switch platform soon...

Message 28 of 27

I would also like this removed. It's 2022 and this thread started in 2018.  4 years later.  Still nothing.  Pretty disappointing, Weebly.

Message 28 of 27

LOL! I just figured out that it is now optional.  Right click on the contact form, click opt in, and undo the radials that turn it on.  Solved!

Message 28 of 27