x

Creating categories on my blog page

I have written and posted about 14 blogs on my Weebly website (www.peterglass.com). I now want to organize them by creating some Categories. How do I do that? Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @PeterGlass,

How are you trying to organize those in the categories?

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 11

Hi Dani,

Yes, I am.

Message 12 of 11

Hi Dani,

Sorry, I seemed to have misread your previous post.

I'm not exactly sure how "Categories" works. I thought that creating some categories would help me organize my blog posts and help me reduce the number of blog listings on my blog page. I produce a blog every month, and their listings are filling up my blog page (under "Archives" on my blog page, there are 16 blog listings).

Also, it seems to me that the only time a category can be created is when I am making a new blog.

Some clarification of how "Categories" works would be very helpful.

Thanks -

Peter Glass

Message 12 of 11

So, I run the blog The Homeschool Mindset, as I have for several years, and I am just getting back into focus mode.   I must admit I just figured it all out: On a blog page, select the "Blog Catagories" box (in the Build mode) and put it in a side bar or footer.   Then, select a post - hit "post options" on the bottom and then create a catagory.   This catagory will be saved, and all the posts you add it to may be found when a visitor hits the link in the "Blog Catagories" box you originally put down. ~~~ Christopher

Message 12 of 11

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for replying.

I did like you said and put "Blog Categories" on the side, then selected a post. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing "post options" on the bottom. What I do see on the bottom are the following: Comments, Blog Settings, and New Post.

Any other ideas?

Thanks -

Peter

Message 12 of 11

Sorry, I meant to say that when you click on the post, the left bar comes up with a blue button on the bottom... right?   Click that, and then I think you can reach "Visiblity."   I click on the post to do so.

Message 12 of 11

Hi Christopher,

I was finally able to add some of my categories to "Categories" on my blog page. But I cannot figure out how to add my older blogs to the various categories I came up with.

Sorry to keep bugging you. If you are too busy to respond, I certainly understand. Maybe somebody who works for Weebly will have an answer.

Thanks.

Peter Glass

Message 12 of 11

I would not know if you can connect blogs together...I only have one.   And sorry to keep you waiting, I am on most weekdays but not weekends.   ~~~Christopher~~~

Message 12 of 11

Thanks for all your help, Christopher. I'll repost my message, and maybe someone will have an answer for me.

Peter Glass

Message 12 of 11
Square

Hi Peter. I responded to your other post, but you just need to click on the older blog post to open the blog editing options. Any category you have already created will show up under Post Options > Categories 

Message 12 of 11