x

How to I increase the size of my logo and make it bigger?

[Note: The title of this post has been updated by a moderator.]

I have uploaded my logo as a .png but it won't let me enlarge it.  Every time I edit the logo and drag it outwards to enlarge, the image size in the top RH corner of the page shows the logo size is increasing but when I click Save it just springs back and reverts to its previous tiny size - hardly visible!

Message 1 of 112
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

It sounds like you're using a theme which has the site logo in the navigation bar.  These themes will keep the size of the image within certain bounds to prevent it from breaking the display.  We do have themes which have the logo separate from the site navigation, and it you switch to one of those it should work how you want it.

As far as increasing the logo size with CSS changes, it is possible to do that though it will be specific to the theme. For example, there's a thread on increasing the logo size with Birdseye.

If you have the Square Online editor, you can adjust the size by clicking on your header, clicking on logo on the left, then using the slider to change the size. 

View Best Answer >

Message 40 of 112
111 REPLIES 111

Just done so below for you @Adam Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 112

Hello! You may want to republish the site to update a few of the images there. Is that how large you wanted the image to appear live, as well?

Message 23 of 112

Thanks, I have republished as you suggested. No i want the logo much smaller than that but when I try and use it as a logo it come up at about 5mm x 5mm... you can barely see it. Is there a way around this?

Message 24 of 112
Square

It could be done with theme customization, but that would require some HTML and CSS changes. I believe there's a least one or so other themes that have the logo above the navigation like that, though possibly larger.  Clean Lines and Clean Lines 2, Cento, and Journey are the first few I saw when looking through themes. 

Message 25 of 112

Hi Adam,

I changed the HTML like previously suggested in Cento to

.  Select the theme and click Edit HTML/CSS;

2.  Search for "@media (max-width:992px){"

3.  Search for the next ".wsite-logo a img{" and change "max-height:" to whatever you like.  I changed mine to 100px; and it looks great.

and the wsite-logo change to 100px did nothing. It did nothing with 500px either.

So Cento has a center logo, but it is still teeny tiny. Can I edit the HTML to enlarge the logo in Cento? If so, can you tell me the specific code to change?

Thank you.

Message 26 of 112
Square

Since the image you've uploaded is being resized, I don't think it would matter much to increase that way. If you upload your image to your theme and replace the {logo} with your own image code using that you might have better luck.

Message 27 of 112

This is my current issue as well. OMG.

Message 28 of 112

Hello Metropolisbrand! Are any of the solutions here currently working for you?

Message 29 of 112

Thank you for the great advice! I had to change the height to 100px in a few places, but I got it to work and my client is much happier. You are a life-saver!

Message 30 of 112

Hi

Please can someone tell me if it is possible to add a logo next to my Title Text, so have both at the same time instead of choosing one or the other ?

Thanks

Message 31 of 112
Square

Yes, but only through theme customization @lionking15.

Message 32 of 112

Thank you for your reply Adam...Do you mean with coding ?

Message 33 of 112

Thank you for your reply Adam...Do you mean with coding ?

**Edit....Sorry didn’t mean to repost this

Message 34 of 112
Square

That's ok! That is what I mean. Each page type has a template in Theme > Edit HTML / CSS. You could add your title next to the code for the logo there, although you'll need to understand HTML and CSS in order to do it.

Message 35 of 112

I'm using this theme: Muse Technologies - Unite 2
Anyone knows where I can change my logo size here in the html editor? Or what I can add to my header-page in HTML
Message 36 of 112

Hi. I too am having this problem. My old logo filled the header but my new logo is pint-sized. How do I fille the space?

Message 37 of 112
Square

What's the site name @Barbara1? Thanks!

Message 38 of 112

@kate315: You need to edit the css code that controls the size.  Every theme has different logo sizes.  If you need larger logo pick a theme that has larger top area.

Message 39 of 112
Square

Best Answer

It sounds like you're using a theme which has the site logo in the navigation bar.  These themes will keep the size of the image within certain bounds to prevent it from breaking the display.  We do have themes which have the logo separate from the site navigation, and it you switch to one of those it should work how you want it.

As far as increasing the logo size with CSS changes, it is possible to do that though it will be specific to the theme. For example, there's a thread on increasing the logo size with Birdseye.

If you have the Square Online editor, you can adjust the size by clicking on your header, clicking on logo on the left, then using the slider to change the size. 

Message 40 of 112

It would really be helpful if Weebly could offer more themes with the logo separate from the site navigation or the ability to customize the logo area in the navigation bar. Especially the width area. Many of the themes are limiting with their slim horizontal bar that controls the size of the logo. The only theme that worked for our church was "Journey."

Message 41 of 112

oops... I meant the ability to adjut the size of the logo in the navigation bar. Especially the "height" area on the Build page, not in the HTML/CSS code.

Message 42 of 112