x

How to I increase the size of my logo and make it bigger?

[Note: The title of this post has been updated by a moderator.]

I have uploaded my logo as a .png but it won't let me enlarge it.  Every time I edit the logo and drag it outwards to enlarge, the image size in the top RH corner of the page shows the logo size is increasing but when I click Save it just springs back and reverts to its previous tiny size - hardly visible!

Message 1 of 112
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

It sounds like you're using a theme which has the site logo in the navigation bar.  These themes will keep the size of the image within certain bounds to prevent it from breaking the display.  We do have themes which have the logo separate from the site navigation, and it you switch to one of those it should work how you want it.

As far as increasing the logo size with CSS changes, it is possible to do that though it will be specific to the theme. For example, there's a thread on increasing the logo size with Birdseye.

If you have the Square Online editor, you can adjust the size by clicking on your header, clicking on logo on the left, then using the slider to change the size. 

View Best Answer >

Message 40 of 112
111 REPLIES 111

I could not agree more.  I builds hundreds of websites for businesses (Hotels) and their staple is their logo.  Weebly doesn't offer much for the largest branding piece on a website (a logo).  

Message 43 of 112

This is a CONSTANT frustration to me. Almost making me abandon Weebly as my platform for my clients. This just annoys me to no end. Smiley Sad

Message 44 of 112

Completely agree

Message 46 of 112

@Adam wrote:

It sounds like you're using a theme which has the site logo in the navigation bar.  These themes will keep the size of the image within certain bounds to prevent it from breaking the display.  We do have themes which have the logo separate from the site navigation, and it you switch to one of those it should work how you want it.

Adam: Would you please list the themes which have the logo separate from the site navigation?  It would save a tremendous amount of time compared to trial and error.

thanks/ L

Message 46 of 112

Adam, could you give a list of themes that have the logo seperate from the site navigation bar?

thanks,

Chauncey

Message 47 of 112
Square

Haberdasher

Cento

Unite

Clean Lines

Journey

Oasis

There might be some more, but those are the first that come to mind.

Message 48 of 112

I am using cento and still having difficulty making logo larger in the mobile setting.  www.theediblelab.com

Thanks

Vesna

Message 49 of 112
Square

There's a max height for the logo in most mobile themes so that it fits within the tab navigation bar. I think the easiest way to get what you want is to hide the logo, then add it to the header area as an image to each of your pages. This should keep it large on mobile and desktop. You could even add an additional section to the page with a white background right at the top, so it's visually separated from your header.

Message 50 of 112

hi adam, if i try this option of adding it as an image to all my pages will it still be responsive?  also how do i add it above my navigation? many thanks laura   www.eat-smart.org.uk

Tags (1)
Message 51 of 112
Square

It would be responsive, yes, although I don't think you could add it above your navigation unless it was a theme which already had a header area above the site navigation (without heavy-duty theme customization, anyway).

Message 52 of 112

I have the same problem with the logo. please give me spesific guide!!!

SOS

Message 53 of 112

I am having the same issue. Please let me know what you ended up doing.

Message 54 of 112

I am using an ecommerce theme and the logo is not in the navigation. http://casacarina.weebly.com/. THis seems to be a reocurring problem with weebly themes, why would a client want their logo tiny?!

Please advie how I can correct this asap.

Thanks, Jen

Message 55 of 112

Hello Jen! It looks like the logo is currently above the navigation bar, as usual for the theme. What sort of effect were you looking to create?

Message 56 of 112

Hi Jen, how did you end up making your logo larger. This is driving me nuts...already trying two themes...about to go to another supplier.

Thanks for any help.

Message 57 of 112

Hi, I'm using Haberdasher and my logo is about 3 sq cm in area. Waaay too small. Our logo is a circle, which is largely contributing to the problem. Please code into your site designer a way to better fit the logo. Otherwise, I think your site editor is great. Site is www.piefferslandscaping.com

Message 58 of 112

I'm also having the same problem using Southcorner - Haberdasher.

It seems like a bug to me as the image on the sample template isn't tiny:

Message 59 of 112

Hello WildC! It looks like the logo is filling the vertical space normally. Are you still seeing any issues?

Message 60 of 112

Hello Admin,
I have the same issue, the logo is too small. My site is http://www.barcelonacricketclub.com/
and theme is highpeak birds eye 2. Kindly advise thanks
Message 61 of 112

Hello umer! It looks like you're using a theme that constrains the logo to the size of the navigation bar. Have you tried using the earlier listed themes to allow for more logo space?

Message 62 of 112

I've been playing around with the same issue.  Here's what worked for me with the Haberdasher theme:

1. Select THEME and at the bottom left click Edit HTML/CSS
  2. Open main.less under Styles
  3. Starting at line 216 look for 
    .header-wrap #logo img {
      display: block;
      overflow: hidden;
      max-width: 200px;
      max-height: 40px;
    }
    You'll want to change max-height: 40px; to something like max-height: 120px;
  4. Starting at line 226 look for 
    .header-wrap #logo img {
      max-height: 40px;
    }
    You'll want to change max-height: 40px; to something like max-height: 120px;
  5. SAVE
  6. If things still look wonky, you may need to upload your logo image again. I've found that Weebly plays best with images at 72 dpi resolution. 
Message 63 of 112