x

Text in russian language ignores font settings

Hello, everyone.

I'm new to Weebly and web-development in general. I have such problem, that text in Russian language ignores almost any of default fonts provided in Editor. I guess, it is because of cyrillic alphabet instead of latin.

So, could you please suggest any solution?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

What site are you seeing this with, @Aigean? Did you paste the text in or type it? It should respect the settings on the Theme tab regardless of what language you're typing in.

Message 2 of 7

So, here are the site - http://pokrovsk-test.weebly.com/. It's just a test now.
The text in Russian was typed. For dummy text I used generator.
The site recognizes "Default" font of theme and applies it even for russian letters. It allows to change fonts for "Lorem Ipsum" since it's in latin alphabet. But Russiaan letters - always variation of "Sans" font family, if I select other font than default.

Should I upload dedicated cyrillic fonts to my site? If so, tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 7
Square

Thanks for the link and for the extra info.  A lot of the fonts probably don't include cyrillic letters, although I'm sure some of the more heavily used fonts might.  Try fonts like Arial or Verdana.

Message 4 of 7

Thank you.

Message 5 of 7

I am currently testing the fonts for cyrillic and it is very strange for me that there is such a small amount of fonts compatible for cyrillic... Am I missing something, or just the product is not intended for the cyrillic part of the world?

Message 6 of 7
Square

Most of the fonts included in the editor are common, popular fonts that are supported by most browsers. Unfortunately, not al of them don't necessarily support characters in other languages like Russian.

If you'd like us to add more fonts that include those characters feel free to post that here:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/idb-p/IdeaExchange

Message 7 of 7