x

Unwanted lines and shadows arount images and text

I am getting an unwanted skinny line around all images. I am also getting an unwanted underline/shadow under all text with a link.

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Message 1 of 7
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

@TechWriter 

Both of these things are defaults, not faults.

To remove the underline on the hyperlinks for the whole website try pasting this code into the 'Header Code' section of your website (Settings-SEO). This seems to work for most themes.

<style>
a { text-decoration:none !important; }
</style>

To remove the image border click the image, go to Advanced on the menu list and make sure Border = None.

Gary

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 7

Best Answer

@TechWriter 

For the underlining issue, go to your main_style.css and find the following line of code:

.paragraph a { border-bottom: 1px solid #e6e9eb; }

change the 1px to 0px - don't change anything else - save and publish. That should work.

I'm not seeing any grey border on your images on my browser - your code seems valid for no border.

Gary

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

@TechWriter 

Both of these things are defaults, not faults.

To remove the underline on the hyperlinks for the whole website try pasting this code into the 'Header Code' section of your website (Settings-SEO). This seems to work for most themes.

<style>
a { text-decoration:none !important; }
</style>

To remove the image border click the image, go to Advanced on the menu list and make sure Border = None.

Gary

Message 8 of 7

TY for your reply.
Neither worked. Ideas?

Message 8 of 7

@TechWriter 

What's your URL?

Gary

Message 8 of 7

DW-writer.com

Message 8 of 7

Best Answer

@TechWriter 

For the underlining issue, go to your main_style.css and find the following line of code:

.paragraph a { border-bottom: 1px solid #e6e9eb; }

change the 1px to 0px - don't change anything else - save and publish. That should work.

I'm not seeing any grey border on your images on my browser - your code seems valid for no border.

Gary

Message 8 of 7

Thank you!

Message 8 of 7