x

Adding pages - No + (add) icon under Pages

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and feeling clueless (although I can usually figure out, as an enduser, how to do things), so please forgive me if I am asking basic questions. They'll probably be more. 😉

I've read the article about how to add a page to my website, but there is no + option next to Pages for me to click on. I read that someone else had this problem and resolved it by getting ADMIN rights (their words). If this is what I need to do, how do I get admin rights? (I'm the owner and only person building my site, so I find it hard to believe I am wouldn't have admin privileges.)

Please help. I'm beginning to feel like I may never get my simple web site off the ground.

Thanks so much!

Elisa / 3Wands

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Do you not see what I have in my screenshot when you go to the Pages tab, @3Wands?

Message 10 of 9

Hello Adam! Thank you so much for responding. Well...yes. The + does (now) appear! I can't even tell you what I must have been doing wrong yesterday to have not seen it/or for it not to have been there. I must not have been in the right menu or something. Anyway...VERY grateful! I shall persevere!

Sincerely,

3Wands/Elisa

Message 10 of 9
Square

Glad you were able to find it! There's always the chance that your browser didn't render it for some reason.

Message 10 of 9

I'm curious - what did you do to make it show up?  I've read all sorts of things saying "click the + sign", but for me, there isn't a plus sign.  I see the page referred to and it only says "Pages" but no "+".  Any advice?

Message 10 of 9

This is what I get when I click Pages - a list of the pages I already have, but I can't add more.image

Message 10 of 9
Square

Hi @mamalama 👋

You are logged into a contributor account, and based on your screenshot it looks like you have permission to view and edit pages assigned to you. You will need to reach out to the site owner to see if they can change your permission set. 

Message 10 of 9

That makes sense!  Thank you so much for your help!

Carie

Message 10 of 9
Square

You're welcome, Carie! Take care 😊

Message 10 of 9