x

Instagram Social Media Icon Missing

I'm trying to add Instagram to the social media icons on all my pages.

Weebly says the social media tool contains 13 popular sites (including Instagram) but mine only shows 11.

I read that this might be due to using an older theme.

How do I add Instagram without having to change themes and completely redesign my website?

Thanks for your help!

Joe

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

If you don't see it as an option it means that you are using an older theme which doesn't support the icon. Switching to a newer theme should resolve that for you, @JBA.

Message 9 of 11

@Adam Just to be clear, switching to a new theme means redesigning my whole website.  Correct?

Message 9 of 11
Square

Hi @JBA. Your content will remain when you switch themes. Smiley Happy The only section you may need to recreate is the header area. Before you commit to the new theme you can also choose the option to preview first and it will show you what the new theme (with all your content) will look like. 

Message 9 of 11

How do I determine what theme I am currently using?

www.timberfire.com

Unfortunately, none of the new ones look similar.

I really just wanted to add an Instagram link.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 11
Square

If you like the look of the older themes you will need to use a third party app to display your apps. Or you can create your own links with images/links. Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 11

What third-party apps would you suggest for displaying icons?  I'm using an old theme, and I too want the Instagram icon, but I don't want to switch themes just to get it.

Message 9 of 11
Square

I haven't personally used any, but any of the social icons apps in the App Center will work just fine.

Message 9 of 11

this is crazy because I've had the same issue for years. on top of that my weebly websites would not show in Russia & Ukraine because of the ban in 2018. I appreciate weebly templates yet it's been a challenge to learn WP and redesign a few websites.

Message 10 of 11

Help?

When I go into a product and go under ITEM PREFERENCES, why is there no instagram icon? There is Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ (which no one uses anymore) but no instagram?

How do I add this? My client is a esthetic business and sells skin care products. They utilize Instagram quite heavily and want their audience to be able to share their favour skin care with friends etc.

Message 12 of 11
Square

Hi @DarleneMitansky

Thanks for reaching out. 😊 I moved your post over to this thread where other community members have discussed this. If you do not see the Instagram option under the Social Media Icons element, you will need to update your theme to a newer option. 

Click on Theme > Change Theme to preview a new theme. All of your content will remain in place, although you may need to recreate the header sections. Please make sure to have a backup of any images or content in the header before switching themes. 

Message 12 of 11