x

Can my student weebly account be recovered/restored?

I created a website as part of my University Teacher Training course back in 2016, which formed my professional eportfolio as a lecturer. The idea was that this eportfolio would be a permanent record of teaching experience & development. It used for promotion and appraisal and I had been updating over the years as needed, and including the link on my CV. I was not aware that the education accounts were being discontinued, but some internet searches indicate this is indeed the case. Sadly the lecturer who set these accounts up for us died unexpectedly in 2020, so any notifications to her email address would not have reached us. I have put a huge amount of work into this eportfolio, much of which is not backed up elsewhere, as I would tend to write the blog posts directly on the site. I would be extremely grateful if there was any way to at least retrieve the pages for long enough to recover the posts and I could then work to create a new website on weebly or elsewhere. The URL for my website was www.amydeaconteaching.weebly.com. Any advice or assistance would be hugely appreciated. Many thanks. Amy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Update: In case anyone else is in the same situation with the closure of the education weebly accounts, the answer is no - it seems the page content has been deleted permanently and cannot be recovered. I eventually managed to get a response from weebly customer service which was polite and clear, even if not the news I wanted to hear. 

Message 4 of 3
Square

I'm so sorry, @Amy_D that we did not see your original post. 😔 I do appreciate you posting an update here for other users, though. ❤️

Message 4 of 3