x

Credit, importing, CSV, Images

Hello all!

I have used weebly for nearly 2 years and enjoy the ease at which it can be used.  However, recently Weebly has eliminated the image importing function upon importing products, and now require manual image uploading to each individual product.  This creates somewhat of a dilema as I have nearly 27k sku's to import as I do my rebuild.  That being said, I am switching to a company that provides the service I need.  Does anyone want my $226 credit to Weebly?  I am told they can only credit and not refund (although they changed the process which I specifically was paying for).  I am not going to use the $226, but was told I can transfer it, and would be willing to do so for $200 ($226 credit for $200) in return.

Please let me know as this was sudden and not something I was anticipating.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, @300streak. Images should be importing with your products - which import option are you using (custom, Etsy, etc)?

Message 2 of 12

The "Import CSV" option.

Message 3 of 12
Square

Are you using a full image URL for your image? The images will need to be accessible on the internet somewhere to be included with the import.

Message 4 of 12

Yes I am.  I am being told I must do a dummy one, (never have had to before) export, then add the image manually, then export again and get new URL strings from Weebly, again, never had to do these things.

Message 5 of 12

Is it true then that one needs to add images manually, one by one? 

And do the images have to be on teh web or can I have them on my computer, paste in the path to the image on my computer into the csv file and then upload the batch?

I am considering using weebly, but i have hundreds of products and just want to get the image urls into my csv file and then upload them in one shot.

Thank you!

Message 10 of 12
Square

Hi @wejo7185

You can use the csv file, but the images would have to be hosted on a Weebly site. We did just roll out a feature that allows you to bulk edit your products if there are multiple options per product. Ultimately, you would still need to upload images at this time. Very sorry for the inconvenience. 

Message 10 of 12

Thank you for the reply.

How do I know what url to put in the csv file? The url for the one product I added to export the csv file is a long one that makes no sense. 

Do I need to upload all my images first to my weebly account? 

Before doing that do I need to upgrade (now just practicing on free account)?

And then if I somehow I get the images on the weebly site - is it easy to figure out the urls to put into the csv?

Thanks again!
Message 10 of 12
Square

What you would need to do is add a hidden page to your site and upload your images to that with image elements. On the live site you can right-click and get the URL of the images. Once you've imported all your products you can then delete that page.

Message 10 of 12

Dear Adam, thank you for your posts.
One doubt: you say "somewhere in the internet",
So can we have a collection of images hosted on a FTP server and then write on the csv file the URL of each image ?
Perhaps this way shoud be more easily updatable than ceating a hidden page.
Thanks for your time,
Kind regards,
Horacio

Message 13 of 12
Square

That's correct, @HARRIS46 - you could upload images to another host and get the URLs from there. My suggestion of a hidden page would work for people that don't have separate hosting.

Message 13 of 12

Thanks very much, Adam.
I will try that option, is an interesting way.
Kind regards,
Horacio

Message 13 of 12