x

Downgrade to free domain

What is the impact of downgrading my Pro website to free?

1) I guess the domain changes to a free domain.

2) Does all the content I have entered remain unchanged?

3) .... any other impact?

Thanks

raviancestry

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Question 2:

My pro site was www.raviancestry.com

I downgraded it to free site, presumably raviancestry.weebly.com.

I followed your instructions on how to publish it but I don't know exactly how but it got published as ravihistory.weebly.com

Please explain how to publish it as raviancestry.weebly.com ?

(I think I had earlier at some time used ravihistory.com as my domain name.

Question 2

Before publishing above site as raviancestry.weebly.com, I want to unpublish it and remove some password protected pages since the latter are not supported in free site.

When I tried to unpublish the site via squareone, I got the message " ... Currently trying to access a beta that is not available in your country or with a currency that is not supported"

Not being able to unpublish a site is obviously not acceptable. What do you suggest I do now?

Thanks

analytic10
Message 26 of 25
Square

Hi @analytic10 I took a look at your account and I think you may have figured out how to change the visibility of the pages from the Pages tab? I also see that the site is published to ravihistory.weebly.com, but please let us know if you still have questions about this.

Where did you see the error exactly that said "Currently trying to access a beta that is not available in your country or with a currency that is not supported"?  I'm not familiar with that error, but I can try to get some more information for you. 

Message 26 of 25

Please see the previous couple of messages in this conversation

Question 1

I want to publish my site as raviancestry.weebly.com not as ravihistory.weebly com. 

How do I do this please?

(My previous Pro site was www.raviancestry.com and I wanted to be consistent).

I dont know how it got published as ravihistory.weebly.com (perhaps ravihistory was a name I had used in the past sometime)

Question 2 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6940-how-do-i-un-publish-my-site

Under "Unpublish your website"

Click on "Square Online Overview Page"

https://www.weebly.com/app/square-sync/oauth/square/callback?code=sq0cgp-a3Lak9Dk8RfV1reTlyEGzQ&resp...

Comes up with message "You are currently trying to access a beta that is not available in your country or with a currency that is not supported"

Message 26 of 25
Square

Sorry for the confusion. The help article (and link) you are referring to is for users on the newer Square editor. You can unpublish sites in your account by clicking the Settings tab in the editor, and scrolling down to the unpublish option. 

When Adam removed the custom domain it reverted the site to the previous subdomain used (ravihistory.weebly.com) but I've changed the site address to raviancestry.weebly.com for you. For future reference, the option to change the site address is also found under the Settings tab in the editor. 

Message 26 of 25