x

Downgrade to free domain

What is the impact of downgrading my Pro website to free?

1) I guess the domain changes to a free domain.

2) Does all the content I have entered remain unchanged?

3) .... any other impact?

Thanks

raviancestry

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Square

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, downgrading to a free plan would require you to use a Weebly subdomain instead of a custom domain. You will also see Weebly branding in the footer of the site, and any other Pro feature you are using will need to be deactivated before you can publish again. I took a quick peek at your site, but you have a lot of pages and I wasn't able to confirm exactly what features the site is using. 

Do you want me to remove the service so you can quickly verify? Or would you rather wait another month to check since the plan does not expire until 1/14/21?

Message 26 of 25

Thanks for your answer.

Before downgrading, I would need to check if the space I have used is more than 500MB which is the limit for a free account.

How do I check how much space I am using?

If its not possible for me to check you may please let me know how much space I am using

Thanks

analytic10

www.raviancestry.com

Message 26 of 25
Square

We don't display that anywhere you can see, but I checked your site and you are well under that limit, so you shouldn't need to worry about space.

Message 26 of 25

Hey can you also downgrade my website to free plan. Thanks!

https://www.tkle.net

Message 26 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hey @tkl! I've refunded and removed the service from your account. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 25

Hi Ashely - 

I am in a similar situation as users here - I had a pro site with custom domain that's cost is no longer being covered by my employer. 

I'd like to go back to Weebly Domain and free site, but I seem to be having trouble with that on my end. Is this something you can help with? 

The weebly domain was vonarts.weebly.org. I can be reached at [personal info removed]

Thank you! 

Message 26 of 25
Square

Welcome to the Community, @VonArts! It looks like our support team was able to take care of that for you.

Message 26 of 25

My Pro site expires on 14th January 2020.

I want to downgrade to free site and know how to do it from the site.

I don't think I am using any features in my site that require Pro site

My question is if I downgrade to free site and find that some features in my site are not working, can you restore  the site back up to Pro (until 14th Jan at least) without loss of data?

Thank you

www.raviancestry.com

analytic10@gmail.com

Message 26 of 25
Square

We can remove the service and reactivate it if needed, @analytic10, and it won't affect the content of your site. Are you using a custom domain as the site address? You won't be able to publish with the custom domain as the site address if the site isn't upgraded to a paid plan.

Message 26 of 25

Thank you for the useful information

Kindly let me know the link for downgrading my site from Pro to free (how to navigate to this page)

I want to do this downgrade myself rather than request you to do this for me.

(I had come across this page my self earlier but cannot now find it)

analytic10

www.raviancestry.com

Message 26 of 25

Since I posted my previous query I have been able to find the link to downgrade my site to free myself and done so.

Kindly reconfirm that my site and account is now free site and free account. I do understand the domain name will become a second level domain.

analytic10

www.raviancestry.com

Message 26 of 25
Square

Once the expiration date of the service passes, it will take about 2 weeks for the service to be removed from your account. Your site will not automatically revert back to a free subdomain, though. Did you want me to do that for you? You can also do that yourself if you prefer.

Message 26 of 25

1) I have downgraded myself to free account and received the following confirmatory email from Weebly.

2) After 2021/01/15 you may kindly go ahead and change the domain  to a sublevel domain (which I understand is mandatory in a free account)

When will this happen?

------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ravi,

We are confirming cancellation of your Weebly Pro plan. Your subscription will automatically expire on 2021/01/15.

On this date, you will no longer have access to plan features like the customizable footer, multimedia elements and phone support.

We hope you enjoyed your time with Weebly and welcome you to sign up for a new plan in the future! To reactivate your subscription at any time, please visit us here.

Go to Weebly.com

If you have any questions, please visit Support Center.

- The Weebly Team

Message 26 of 25
Square

Your site won't be automatically switched to a free subdomain, so you can do that at any time you want by going to the Settings tab and using the "change" button there. If you have trouble let me know and I can also revert your site back to the original subdomain you used with the site.

Message 26 of 25

I have downgraded my website www.raviancestry.com to a free site. 

Please refer to earlier emails in this conversation

However, I received an email today from Weebly as follows:

"Your Pro Site for www.raviancestry.com is set to expire and your site will be unpublished. If you would like to keep your site active, please renew your subscription here."

Please confirm my site will continue to be active and published as a free site. I believe I am not using any features that require a Pro site and my memory usage you had already confirmed is within limit for a free site

Thanks

Ravi Mehta

analytic10

Message 26 of 25
Square

Canceling the service doesn't actually remove it, so I took care of that for you, @analytic10. If you want to publish the site you will need to use a free Weebly subdomain rather than your custom domain. Let me know if you need help switching to one.

Message 26 of 25

Thank you. 

Yes please move www.raviancestry.com to a free weebly subdomain

Ravi Mehta

analytic10

www.raviancestry.com

Message 26 of 25
Square

Ok, not a problem! I've reverted the site back to a free subdomain for you.

Message 26 of 25

Thank you. But it is unpublished. 

How does one get it published ?

analytic10

ravihistory.weebly.com

Message 26 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @analytic10 👋 Stepping in here for Adam! 

Here is a helpful guide to walk you through the publishing of your site. Let us know if that gets you where you need to be!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 25