x

HOW DO I INCREASE THE TRANSPARENCY OF THE HEADER BANNER WRAP IMAGE OVERLAY-VENUE 2 THEME

Hello!

I am using the Venue2 Theme and need a solution on how to INCREASE the transparency of the Header Banner Wrap Image Overlay to allow my images to be more visible.

I have been searching high and low here in the Weebly community hoping for a solution and tried so many of the CSS coding tricks to no avail. Along the way I have discovered how to completely remove the transparent image color overlay, but this is not what I would like to do. I simply would like to INCREASE the transparency of the banner wrap image overlay in order to be able to see my header images more clearly beneath it. Here is my website link: https://www.pcvrealestate.com/

TO SUMMARIZE:

HOW DO I INCREASE THE TRANSPARENCY OF THE HEADER BANNER WRAP IMAGE OVERLAY?

Thank you so much for your help!

P.S. @Adam, I have also commented to you on an older post similar to this one that did not have a solution. My apologies for duplication.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

It looks like from the other post that you and @Bernadette did a good job of figuring this out. Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 9

Hi @Adam!

@Bernadette was extremely helpfu!l But we didn't get to resolve the real issue which was why I cannot lighten the transparancy of the banner wrap overlay on my images. She recommened one method and although I tried various percentages of transparancey, it didn't work and only served to make the Header transparency become more of a solid block while the banner wrap image did lighten slightly. I am hoping there is a fix that is not connected to the Header/Logo area and will simply lighten the transparency of the Banner Wrap Overlay on my header images I have uploaded to each of my pages. i hope this makes sense and I am using the correct terminology. Here is my website for reference:

https://www.pcvrealestate.com/our-properties.html

Thanks so much to both you and @Bernadette

Message 10 of 9
Square

Try using this in Settings > SEO > Header Code:

<style>
	.wsite-header-elements
	{
		opacity:0.9 !important;
	}
</style>

That should make it less transparent on the live site.

Message 10 of 9

Thanks, @Adam

Could you help me figure out why there is no Splash Page option on my website? It is the Venue theme, but it is missing which is strange because I am using Venue for another website and the Splash Page is an option. I had to create my own Splash Page for my site using a Header Page and then had to delete the footer in coding but this has left a strange white gap at the bottom of the page. Take a look and let me know what can be done to get the Splash Page back.https://www.pcvrealestate.com/

Message 10 of 9

@Adam

Here are two images from my CSS coding editor. Under the Header Type there are only two of Headers to choose from (header.html and no-header.html). The second image, page-type.less shows three types of pages: No Header, Landing Page and Splash Page. As you can see, Landing Page & Splash Page are not available under Header Type.

imageimage

Message 10 of 9
Square

Hmm... You could open up the theme editor for the site that does have it, copy the HTML for the splash page template, then go back to the other site and make a new page type called splash to paste that code into.

Message 10 of 9

Hi @Adam,

I tried your instructions for adding the splash page to my theme but it didn't work Smiley Sad The page just ended up all messed up.

But now I have another problem with the white transparent header/banner wrap. I am noticing that on the desktop computer when I enlarge the page past a certain point, the white gradieted background behind my company name disappears. This causes readability issues with the menu and company name to not be visible as you scroll down each page. This was working fine recently so I do not know what happened! Here are a few screenshots.imageimageimage

Message 10 of 9

Message 10 of 9