x

How do i get orders to print automatically?

Hi, orders coming through online only seem to print automatically when they are due to be prepared rather than printing as soon as the orders are placed online. eg. Order which is scheduled for later in the day say 6:30pm with a prep time of 30 minutes and delivery time of 30 minutes will print at 5:30pm. I would rather the order print instantly when ordered online so i can forecast for the day what needs to be prepared in the kitchen as we also take phone orders.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Thanks for posting, @Weeblydweebly.

I'm not sure there's a way to change that, but that's a great suggestion! If anyone else would like to see us add this as an option they should comment and voice their support.

Message 8 of 7

As a restaurant I would also like to see this implemented. Right now we will in a busy shift and then boom 3 orders print. Orders should we allowed to be printed as soon as they are placed to the chefs are aware what in coming up. This was aavailable in the old square online store. Please have the team change this feature.

Message 8 of 7

I currently have a website for my takeaway business, is there any way to make Weebly online order print as soon as the customer makes the order from the website? this would make our operations much smoother - thanks in advance

Message 8 of 7
Square

I believe it depends on how you have your prep time setup @UAK9777 Kitchen tickets print when prep time begins, so if advanced ordering is allowed, orders processed today (but that are scheduled for pickup after today) will not print until the day/time that the staff needs to prep the order.  You could export the orders to a spreadsheet to get an overall view of pending orders.

How are your tickets currently printing?

Message 8 of 7

Hi, were currently taking orders from the app but are looking to set up a printing system so that as soon as a food delivery order comes through the website, the system automatically sends the order to the printer for the kitchen staff for them to prepare, which would save them alot of time with trying to navigate on a tablet, as they will have it on paper.

We havent set up any tickets to print at the moment - is there a particular printer you would recommend integrating our online orders with?

Thank you

Message 8 of 7

Hello Again, apologies I have another question - so I've set up all items on my website as Food/Beverage, how do I go about connecting a Printer to the weebly system to enable auto-print on orders received online? @Bernadette 

Message 8 of 7