x

How to create new archives to sort blog posts?

Hi all,

I'm migrating some of my Tumblr blog posts onto a new Weebly and would like to create some new sidebar archives (i.e., archives that don't just list the month and year and allow me to customize all the posts within them). Yet I can't find any obvious settings that allow me to do so other than making another shortcut to the "month + year" archives.

Is there a setting I'm missing or an app I can buy to make new archives (or another way I can selectively sort my posts)? My site isn't active yet (my intention was for it to go live sometime next month), but I can activate it if necessary.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out. The archives option only separates by month and year. There's also a categories view that you can use, although I'm not sure if this would work for you. Have you tried checking out the App Center? I know there's a few blog related apps that might do what you are looking for. 

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out. The archives option only separates by month and year. There's also a categories view that you can use, although I'm not sure if this would work for you. Have you tried checking out the App Center? I know there's a few blog related apps that might do what you are looking for. 

Message 5 of 4

I started experimenting with the categories after I posted this, and while one might still have to dig through my posts a bit, they're actually doing exactly what I was looking for! Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 4
Square

Yay! Smiley Happy I'm so glad to hear. Heart

Message 5 of 4